Aeonium problems.

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
PlantCrazy

Aeonium problems.

Post by PlantCrazy »

Hello.

All my Aeonium cuttings bar 2 have this 'condition'. As you can see from the pictures, the leaves look like they've been mined, but I can find no evidence of leaf miners. Otherwise, the plants are healthy and still retain their bottom leaves, and are producing pups around the collapsed leaves.

Does anyone know what is happening to them?
Thank you in advance for any help and advice.
Attachments
rsz_20221007_135630.jpg
rsz_20221007_135630.jpg (137.18 KiB) Viewed 1287 times
rsz_20221007_135641.jpg
rsz_20221007_135641.jpg (144.39 KiB) Viewed 1287 times
Steve Johnson

Re: Aeonium problems.

Post by Steve Johnson »

See this:

https://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46110

And this:
DaveW wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:44 am As Steve says, look down the list of forums and try and choose an appropriate one rather than the first you come to.

Not everybody grows both Cacti and Other Succulents, therefore posts in the wrong forum may get you less views by people who can help you because those who only grow either Cacti or Other Succulents may not look in forums devoted to the others.
Since Aeoniums are succulents, not cacti, your thread should be in the Succulent Growing Help forum for the reason DaveW just stated. I'm one of the moderators, so I can move it over there for you if you'd like.
If you just want photos without all the blather, please visit my Flickr gallery.
My location: Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10b)
PlantCrazy

Post by PlantCrazy »

Steve Johnson wrote: Sat Oct 08, 2022 6:04 pm See this:

https://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=46110

And this:
DaveW wrote: Sun Mar 28, 2021 9:44 am As Steve says, look down the list of forums and try and choose an appropriate one rather than the first you come to.

Not everybody grows both Cacti and Other Succulents, therefore posts in the wrong forum may get you less views by people who can help you because those who only grow either Cacti or Other Succulents may not look in forums devoted to the others.
Since Aeoniums are succulents, not cacti, your thread should be in the Succulent Growing Help forum for the reason DaveW just stated. I'm one of the moderators, so I can move it over there for you if you'd like.
Sorry about that. Yes, please move it. Thank you.
Steve Johnson

Post by Steve Johnson »

PlantCrazy wrote: Sun Oct 09, 2022 1:26 pmSorry about that. Yes, please move it. Thank you.
Done and done. :)
If you just want photos without all the blather, please visit my Flickr gallery.
My location: Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10b)