Trichocereus Bridgesii monster?

If you have a cactus plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Hero878

Trichocereus Bridgesii monster?

Post by Hero878 »

Just wondering if this really is what it is labelled as because the previous versions I have seen always offset and clump. Whereas this has no offsets and no clumps and is so big.

Thanks
Last edited by Hero878 on Mon Jul 11, 2022 7:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BryanT

Re: Trichocereus Bridge soo monster?

Post by BryanT »

I think you might have the semi-monstrose, called Trichocereus bridgesii f. monstrose/semi-monstrose 'Melted Wax', or just normal TBM.
There is also a Tricho bridgesii f. monstrose (Long joined type) which is much longer then the normal TBM.

I had a look at your photo again, and I think you might have to wait to see how big it grow. Because even the normal TBM, the stem can be 20cm long, and about 10cm in diameter.
Bryan
---------------------------------------------------
Hero878

Post by Hero878 »

BryanT wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 12:47 pm I think you might have the semi-monstrose, called Trichocereus bridgesii f. monstrose/semi-monstrose 'Melted Wax', or just normal TBM.
There is also a Tricho bridgesii f. monstrose (Long joined type) which is much longer then the normal TBM.

I had a look at your photo again, and I think you might have to wait to see how big it grow. Because even the normal TBM, the stem can be 20cm long, and about 10cm in diameter.
Thanks BryanT. Much appreciated. I didn't buy it because I wanted it be sure it wasn't the usual clumping one as I already have one of those. Maybe it's just a random hybrid because it doesn't look like the normal melted wax either.
Aeonium2003

Post by Aeonium2003 »

There are 2 clones of TBM, one clumps, while one is generally solitary.
Hero878

Post by Hero878 »

Aeonium2003 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 3:15 pm There are 2 clones of TBM, one clumps, while one is generally solitary.
Thanks I guess this is highly likely to be the solitary form then. Yet not so melted wax as it's too smooth looking.