Problem getting my photos to the Forum

Discuss cameras, settings, composition, or anything related to photography - cactus or other subjects.
fanaticactus

Problem getting my photos to the Forum

Post by fanaticactus »

Because my laptop was wiped for a problem and Picasa 3 (my photo storage and processing program), although it was restored, is no longer supported and will not allow me to import photos from my good cameras. So I am forced to do all my photography now with my phone camera. When I reach the point of sharing the photos, I don't see anything on the 'Share' choices that will allow me to share with the Cactus Forum. I have an Android phone (Samsung) and when I click on 'Attachments', I get the instructions: 'If you wish to attach one or more files enter the details below. You may also attach files by dragging and dropping them in the message box.' But my phone will not let me drag from one screen (my Photo Gallery) to the CactiGuide screen. If I were to follow the first suggestion, what 'details' about the photo is it asking for? I hope someone has encountered this problem and can help me. I have a few new cacti that need to be ID'd and, of course, when flowers appear I'd like to post them.
Catch a falling star--but don't try it with a cactus!
MrXeric

Re: Problem getting my photos to the Forum

Post by MrXeric »

I tried it on my android phone and I see an "Add files" button on the "Attachments" tab. When I click it, a file manager opens up and you can choose what files to upload. You'll need to edit your pictures to fit the size limit though. Alternatively, you can upload pics by inserting a link from an image hosting service using the "insert image" icon at the top or by manually typing "Image" (without the " ").
ohugal

Post by ohugal »

What operating system are you running on? Is it an idea to install new photo editing software? I work with macOS and with it's preview application you can also resize and crop photos.
Does your Android phone store it's pictures in the 'cloud'? If yes, you can download them to your computer.
temperate, maritime climate with mild winters and cool summers
hardiness zone 8a
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

"On February 12, 2016, Google announced that the Picasa desktop application would be discontinued on March 15, 2016, followed by the closure of the Picasa Web Albums service on May 1, 2016. Google stated that the primary reason for retiring Picasa was that it wanted to focus its efforts "entirely on a single photos service" the cross-platform, web-based Google Photos. While support for the desktop version of Picasa is ending, Google has stated that users who have downloaded the software, or who choose to download it prior to the March 15th deadline will still be able to use its functionality, albeit with no support from Google."

Have you got the latest version 3.9 of Picasa installed? If not downloading that may be compatible and do what you want?

https://picasa.software.informer.com/3.9/