Peace Lily leaves twisting

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
CactusBoss

Peace Lily leaves twisting

Post by CactusBoss »

I know this isn’t the usual kind of plant that shows up on here but I was wondering what the deal with this thing is. The leaves have been twisty like like for months and I have eliminated watering issues, pot issues, and pest issues so I wonder what is causing some of the leaves to fold in half hotdog style. It’s been at a west window 5 feet back since about November

https://imgur.com/gallery/SyRsk1u
Daniel (age 25)

Zone 5a
greenknight

Re: Peace Lily leaves twisting

Post by greenknight »

Is the light brighter than where it was before? It might be a way of adapting to stronger light.
Spence :mrgreen:
CactusBoss

Post by CactusBoss »

greenknight wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 5:46 am Is the light brighter than where it was before? It might be a way of adapting to stronger light.
Yes actually. I think that’s it. I moved it back from the window just now. Hopefully that’ll help in a few days or so. Before it was a few feet back from where my epiphytic cacti reside so now that I think of it that was probably a bit much for a shade loving plant like this
Daniel (age 25)

Zone 5a
Mrs.Green

Post by Mrs.Green »

CactusBoss; No chance that you will post pics on the forum? :) I don’t see imgur pics .
CactusBoss

Post by CactusBoss »

Mrs.Green wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 7:37 am CactusBoss; No chance that you will post pics on the forum? :) I don’t see imgur pics .

It’s basically been looking like this since November. Not declining but just staying like this
Daniel (age 25)

Zone 5a
ohugal

Post by ohugal »

I grow a Spathiphyllum in my bathroom about 2.5m away from a south-west window.
Besides the curling leaves, your plant looks good. Moving it around too much is not good (if that's the case).
temperate, maritime climate with mild winters and cool summers
hardiness zone 8a
CactusBoss

Post by CactusBoss »

ohugal wrote: Sun Feb 13, 2022 6:29 pm I grow a Spathiphyllum in my bathroom about 2.5m away from a south-west window.
Besides the curling leaves, your plant looks good. Moving it around too much is not good (if that's the case).
Yeah I really can’t figure this one out. Should I just let it be and not worry about it? It’s been looking exactly like this since November so it’s not like it’s declining
Daniel (age 25)

Zone 5a
ohugal

Post by ohugal »

It's a plant which needs indirect sunlight, so best to place it close to a north/east window or a bit further away from south/west window. It could be as Greenknight says and folding it's leaves to adapt to stronger sunlight. It could also be it is protecting itself by doing that. If it's not declining, then maybe leave it be. What's the temperature in the room it is in and how much are you watering it?
hardiness zone 8a
CactusBoss

Post by CactusBoss »

ohugal wrote: Mon Feb 14, 2022 7:10 am It's a plant which needs indirect sunlight, so best to place it close to a north/east window or a bit further away from south/west window. It could be as Greenknight says and folding it's leaves to adapt to stronger sunlight. It could also be it is protecting itself by doing that. If it's not declining, then maybe leave it be. What's the temperature in the room it is in and how much are you watering it?
The temperature is about 70 degrees and I water it when it starts to droop a little
Daniel (age 25)

Zone 5a
ohugal

Post by ohugal »

If it doesn't receive direct sunlight, I wouldn't worry about it.
hardiness zone 8a