Mesemb documentary (NSFW)

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
One Windowsill

Mesemb documentary (NSFW)

Post by One Windowsill »

If you don't know Crime Pays but Botany Doesn't, the channel is run by a chap who usually visits interesting habitats and intersperses his interesting talks on the botany with some colourful (or vulgar and obscene) language in the Chicago dialect. This time he visited a friend's greenhouse and talked about his incredible collection of succulents. Most of the focus is on the mesembs with many mature and well-grown specimens of many genera. Lots of interesting information and some intriguing hybridisation experiments. You will be freeze-framing it to look at the other plants they don't mention as the camera sweeps around. This one is relatively genteel compared to the usual depravity. One hour long, but does not seem like that, at all.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MncyGuQc_gc&t=125s
keith

Re: Mesemb documentary (NSFW)

Post by keith »

had to remember my Password 👍 Yea I saw that is a good one. Along with many other videos of cactus and succulents and funny language by "crime pays botany doesn't." I imagine this is north Oakland in the hills near Berkley ? Lots of excellent cactus and succulent Nurseries up that way selling on Ebay and Etsy 💰💰💰.