Butyric acid root hormone anti fungal???

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Kaceyjones

Butyric acid root hormone anti fungal???

Post by Kaceyjones »

Hey I have a question... I have 3 San Pedro cuttings... one had a very small size rot on the bottom..about the size of a nickel... I already cut it off... only the part that had rot ... so it’s a small cut .....the rest is still callous... I put cinnamon and butyric acid root hormone on the area affected..it’s drying in front of a fan for now .. I’ll put in coco coiyer in a day or so... someone said root hormone is basically useless for cactus except for the fungicide aspect of it ... but I don’t know if my root hormone powder is anti fungal... I’m assuming it is... if anyone knows I’d appreciate some feedback thanks a lot .my next question is could I just put it directly in coco couturier since it’s a small cut and I applied cinnamon and the butyric acid hormone... this may make it ok to skip the callous part... I’m sure I’ll wait anyway but it might come in handy later on down the line ....