Visitor to my green house

Do-it-yourself projects such as greenhouse or shadehouse builds and related topics.
leland

Visitor to my green house

Post by leland »

Frog on weberocereus. It is the dry season in Central America right now so I guess he is happy to find a little moisture. I have found these frogs sleeping in hanging baskets before.
IMG_0001_5.jpg
IMG_0001_5.jpg (44.92 KiB) Viewed 3662 times
anttisepp

Re: Visitor to my green house

Post by anttisepp »

Very nice fellow, good friend of all gardeners. ))
A_G_R

Post by A_G_R »

That is great!
Alejandro
mikethecactusguy

Post by mikethecactusguy »

Very cool
Mike The Cactus Guy
Enjoying the Spines
leland

Post by leland »

I built my first greenhouse about 2 years ago. It was small and was overcrowded on day 1. I thought the Heleconias were the dwarf type but they are too tall and will be moved out towards the end of the dry season. It will end up with cactus in hanging baskets and anthuriums on the ground. No need for heating or cooling at 1350 meters elevation in cloud forest. Covering is greenhouse plastic covered by shade cloth on simple wooden frame. Structural elements are concrete and galvanized iron because of the termite problems,

One of the advantages I now have is that some plants that grew but did not flower in the valley at 800 meters are flowering now, probably benefiting from the higher humidity.
IMG_0001_8.jpg
IMG_0001_8.jpg (69.49 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
IMG_0002_2.jpg
IMG_0002_2.jpg (79.03 KiB) Viewed 3478 times
Jangaudi

Post by Jangaudi »

That is really cool ! I would get high just from sitting in your greenhouse for a while :D
leland

Post by leland »

The eventual plan is to pave the floor with fake rock tile and have a small table and 2 chairs for drinking coffee. Right now it is crushed rock floor with 1 lawn chair and a small potting bench. If I can control it and prune the epiphytic cactus right it will be a jungle (read that > cloud forest) environment.
keith

Post by keith »

The eventual plan is to pave the floor with fake rock tile and have a small table and 2 chairs for drinking coffee.'

I like that :D When i move I'll need a greenhouse too and a place to drink coffee