SOS - Sick EUPHORBIA LACTEA GHOST

Use this forum to get advice on growing succulents and keeping them healthy
mirko87

SOS - Sick EUPHORBIA LACTEA GHOST

Post by mirko87 »

Hi all,
Only last Sunday I got another Euphorbia, Lactea Ghost white.
Now after a week that has been with me is turning brown, where it looks like a stem that was already being cut (pic1)

perhaps to stop disease or just to propagate.

The plant stays indoor, in a very bright room where air circulation and humidity are balanced due to the presence of many other plants and haven't water it at all, as the soil was not completely dry when brought it home.

Reading around they're suggesting to cut the part turning brown before it spreads everywhere. Could be fungus? I don't really know.
Being this issue not in a stem but in the main trunk of the plant I just feel like it will harm the plant not only aesthetically but also for future growth.

Can you assist? What do you think it is ? and suggestion to rescue it
Only had the plant a week :(

Thanks
Attachments
1.jpg
1.jpg (59.03 KiB) Viewed 1715 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (62.56 KiB) Viewed 1715 times
3.jpg
3.jpg (50.75 KiB) Viewed 1715 times
anttisepp

Re: SOS - Sick EUPHORBIA LACTEA GHOST

Post by anttisepp »

Cut faster rotten tissue away by V-form cease within healthy flesh. Add some sulphur powder or other fungicide on the wound. For sure cut 1-2 small branches to root.
It will not be a large cosmetic defect cause plant will close it later itself little by little. It's large tree-like species so don't afraid about this small trunk defect.
greenknight

Re: SOS - Sick EUPHORBIA LACTEA GHOST

Post by greenknight »

I agree. Some kind of rot has entered though this wound, could be fungal or bacterial. The treatment is the same in either case, you have to remove it. Make sure you get rid of all the discoloration, and sterilize the knife between cuts.
Spence :mrgreen: