3 succulents

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Arash37

3 succulents

Post by Arash37 »

Hello. Could you help me with my 3 plants?

1. I think it is some varietas of Hawrothia cooperi?
Image Image

2. Some species of Senecio?

3. I totally have no idea what could it be. Cut a little piece of shoot from the plant in garden in Italy.
anttisepp

Re: 3 succulents

Post by anttisepp »

Haworthia cymbiformis?
Senecio mandraliscae / talinoides?
Carpobrotus edulis?
IMHO
Arash37

Post by Arash37 »

Thank you so much. :)
Arash37

Post by Arash37 »

All species of Carpobrotus genera are very similar.Is it possible to identify a species without flowers? Even flowers in this genera are really really similar among the different species.
anttisepp

Post by anttisepp »

So all you need is to choose between edulis and chilensis, the most common speciei.
jfdocampo

Post by jfdocampo »

In Spain (and probably in Italy) the most common species of Carpobrotus are edulis and acinaciformis, specially the first one. You can separate both species by the shape of the leafs and the color of the flowers. Carpobrotus chilensis is also present, but much less extended (I've never seen it). This one has much smaller leafs and flowers. If you can read spanish you can see the differences in this paper.

http://www.floraiberica.es/floraiberica ... brotus.pdf
eduart

Post by eduart »

Arash37 wrote: Tue Oct 13, 2020 2:12 pm All species of Carpobrotus genera are very similar.Is it possible to identify a species without flowers? Even flowers in this genera are really really similar among the different species.
First, yes it is possible to identify (some) of the species without flower. But it's not that easy - I have learned it in years.

However, if you can flower the plant and post the flower picture here (fully opened) you have much better chances. If there's a yellow flower you probably have C. edulis. If purple... you need to study the flower in order to have a decent guess.
Arash37

Post by Arash37 »

Now this plant is in a rest room. But i hope it will make some flowers next season. If so, i'll take some photos and post it here.