Burn out

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
Caudexguy99

Burn out

Post by Caudexguy99 »

Has anyone else ever experienced feelings of burn out or regret while growing? I have begun to feel so disinterested in my collection to the point where I don't really care what happens to them.
anttisepp

Re: Burn out

Post by anttisepp »

Yes, many times. The worst thing is moving from greenhouse to winter place in garage, sometimes I bet that no one new and these have to leave a half of them only. :D
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Yes, hardest part is keeping them in good condition until you regain interest again. Sometimes our collections get a bit too large and become a chore so maybe downsizing for a time by selling the surplus off or giving them away rather than letting them deteriorate until interest returns?
Jangaudi

Post by Jangaudi »

I think this exists in any form of collecting / hobbies. Record collectors get stuck with large amounts of records over the years, they themselves don't find very interesting anymore. The best way (for me that is anyway) is to focus on what really fascinates you, and get rid of the weight that clogs everything up.
7george

Post by 7george »

The good thing is that most cacti can be neglected until their Master gets into positive mood again. 8)
If your cacti mess in your job just forget about the job.
°C = (°F - 32)/1.8
keith

Post by keith »

I have seen a sign "never enough cactus" I need a sign " too many cactus" I would downsize and ignore the ones you decide to keep or give them minimum attention and you might get back into it later. Most cactus do pretty well on their own just check for insect pests.