Help with ID?

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
Miss Vincent

Help with ID?

Post by Miss Vincent »

Hi everyone. Had an account on here years ago but forgot my login... Hopefully someone can help.

I inherited this from a neighbour last year, all I was told was "it's very pretty!"... It lost all its leaves over winter but has now suddenly grown a whole load more. I've tried googling to find out what it is without much success so any help with IDing would be very much appreciated. :)

Thanks in advance.

Jangaudi

Re: Help with ID?

Post by Jangaudi »

hmm, we've had a similar request ID for a Mexican grown plant, but which looks a little different. Up till now no ID could be found, but again I'm thinking of a Monadenium species, though I am unable to find a match, neither in Mondenium nor Euphorbia genus. If it flowers it would become more clear. Or perhaps it's something entirely different ;) Maybe you can ask your neighbour where he got it from.

https://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewto ... ia#p372040
Jangaudi

Post by Jangaudi »

in fact, the closest match I could find is Euphorbia neococcinea / Monadenium coccineum, and it seems to be readily available.

https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Euph ... eococcinea
Miss Vincent

Post by Miss Vincent »

I'm not sure my neighbour would remember where he got it from!

I was thinking along the same lines of Euphorbia/Monadenium too but couldn't find anything that looked like a close enough match. The Mexican grown plant in the other thread does look similar but has a much more intricate stem so I don't think they are the same.

Euphorbia neococcinea does look right, however. I'm now having a vague, possibly incorrect, memory of being told it has red or pink flowers so shall wait and see. =)

Thank you so much for your help.
Tetrazole

Post by Tetrazole »

Synadenium grantii?
“Whenever people say, 'We mustn't be sentimental,' you can take it they are about to do something cruel. And if they add, 'We must be realistic,' they mean they are going to make money out of it.”
― Brigid Brophy