Hello from Malaysia

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Rabbit

Hello from Malaysia

Post by Rabbit »

Greetings..Rabbit here from Malaysia, a place with only summer. (Any neighbours here?)
Offically joined here by Jun 17, which I happend to just saw it just now, a big thank you for letting me in!
I'm really talkative newbie girl with three unknown species of succulents, and kinda a really young member in both age and my experience with succulents and cactus so its kinda the reason why I'm here, first time joining a forum and will post a post in the suitable panel for the identification of my little fellas here later. :wink: Looking foward to learn from all of you here!
Although my budget is pretty much limited in a really low cost due to my family here, but I still have a great interest in propagation of succulents, which I can't seem to find any avalible sources locally, so if you also live here please do tell me where to get them!
English is not really my main language (Its actually Mandarin/Chinese) so pardon if I made any silly grammar mistakes here and there.
Anyways, hello there~! :D
Last edited by Rabbit on Tue Jun 23, 2020 6:29 am, edited 1 time in total.
gemhunter178

Re: Hello from Malaysia

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
Rabbit

Post by Rabbit »

gemhunter178 wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:59 amWelcome!
Thank you!
hegar

Post by hegar »

Hello Rabbit,
I too welcome you to the CactiGuide forum. It is always nice to have some new members, especially when they are young, energetic and enthusiastic! :) There is so much combined knowledge about succulents and cacti here on the forum, which makes me believe, that almost everything that you would like to know about the cultivation (including propagation) of these plants will be answered by someone. I bet, you have already looked at some of the topics covered here and learned a few things yourself that way.

Harald
r_shazrin

Post by r_shazrin »

Rabbit wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:40 am Greetings..Rabbit here from Malaysia, a place with only summer. (Any neighbours here?)
Offically joined here by Jun 17, which I happend to just saw it just now, a big thank you for letting me in!
I'm really talkative newbie girl with three unknown species of succulents, and kinda a really young member in both age and my experience with succulents and cactus so its kinda the reason why I'm here, first time joining a forum and will post a post in the suitable panel for the identification of my little fellas here later. :wink: Looking foward to learn from all of you here!
Although my budget is pretty much limited in a really low cost due to my family here, but I still have a great interest in propagation of succulents, which I can't seem to find any avalible sources locally, so if you also live here please do tell me where to get them!
English is not really my main language (Its actually Mandarin/Chinese) so pardon if I made any silly grammar mistakes here and there.
Hello neighbour. Shaz here from KL too.
~ShaZ
Rabbit

Post by Rabbit »

r_shazrin wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:19 am
Rabbit wrote: Tue Jun 23, 2020 5:40 am Greetings..Rabbit here from Malaysia, a place with only summer. (Any neighbours here?)
Hello neighbour. Shaz here from KL too.
Hello neighbour! Only happend to see this today, sry!
Rabbit

Post by Rabbit »

hegar wrote: Wed Jun 24, 2020 1:28 am Hello Rabbit,
I too welcome you to the CactiGuide forum. It is always nice to have some new members, especially when they are young, energetic and enthusiastic! :) There is so much combined knowledge about succulents and cacti here on the forum, which makes me believe, that almost everything that you would like to know about the cultivation (including propagation) of these plants will be answered by someone. I bet, you have already looked at some of the topics covered here and learned a few things yourself that way.

Harald
Sorry for the late reply! It didn't appear in my notification until I see it myself today.
Thank you! I did, and is trying to improve the living of my babies with the knowledges I learnt. Finally able to afford and made my own potting mix~
Mrs.Green

Post by Mrs.Green »

Welcome Rabbit :) I must admit I am a bit curious about the hare and the snow in your profile pic.. Not that I knows much about Malaysia but snow and a hare in winter coat? :)
Rabbit

Post by Rabbit »

Mrs.Green wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:34 pm Welcome Rabbit :) I must admit I am a bit curious about the hare and the snow in your profile pic.. Not that I knows much about Malaysia but snow and a hare in winter coat? :)
Thank you Mrs Green! About that, actually Malaysia is a country with only summer. Like, really hot summers XD. So since young I have this obsession toward snow and ice and is always hoping to have chance to play in the snow one day. And along my love for bunnies, I often use snow hares as profile pics and wallpapers, so thats why lol. We don't have this hare species here, my profile pic is found online. Hope it clears something out ;D
Mrs.Green

Post by Mrs.Green »

Rabbit wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:46 am
Mrs.Green wrote: Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:34 pm Welcome Rabbit :) I must admit I am a bit curious about the hare and the snow in your profile pic.. Not that I knows much about Malaysia but snow and a hare in winter coat? :)
Thank you Mrs Green! About that, actually Malaysia is a country with only summer. Like, really hot summers XD. So since young I have this obsession toward snow and ice and is always hoping to have chance to play in the snow one day. And along my love for bunnies, I often use snow hares as profile pics and wallpapers, so thats why lol. We don't have this hare species here, my profile pic is found online. Hope it clears something out ;D
Thank you Rabbit, it does! :D Plenty of snow and ice here and snowhares are not a uncommon sight either or at least their footprints in the snow. :)
Rabbit

Post by Rabbit »

Mrs.Green wrote: Mon Jan 04, 2021 9:21 am
Rabbit wrote: Wed Dec 30, 2020 5:46 am
Thank you Rabbit, it does! :D Plenty of snow and ice here and snowhares are not a uncommon sight either or at least their footprints in the snow. :)
Ohh I see :D I'm not familiar with Norway either but I heard that snowhares are more common in Canada than elsewhere XD
Steve-0
Location: Salt Lake Valley, Utah...high mountain desert climate

Post by Steve-0 »

Welk, here in Utah, USA..,we have cottontails, Jack rabbits AND Snowshoe hares. I've seen the first two species on a regular basis but not the white one, yet. Maybe this winter.