hello

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
prickle

hello

Post by prickle »

hi everybody
i am completely new to cacti. i have developed an obsession for cacti during this lockdown and have bought 2 from local shops and have 3 more on the way.
i have been spending almost every available hour for the last week learning how to properly look after them, but a forum like this would be useful to learn from people with more experience than me, and hopefully somewhere to network and in future hopefully pass some knowledge down to the next person in my shoes.

i look forward to meeting you all around the forums.
hegar

Re: hello

Post by hegar »

Hello prickle,
you have come to the right place by joining this forum. If you do have any questions, there is usually a decent response from the cactus and succulent growers who have at times quite a bit of experience.
However, do not get discouraged, if some of the plants you purchase do not make it. I personally have killed a pretty good number of my cacti, which I purchased over the years. :(
Nevertheless, I see the loss of one plant as an opportunity to either try to grow the same kind of cactus again, or to try out something different for a change. Some cacti are easy to cultivate, while others do take a good amount of knowledge and of course the correct growing environment.

Harald
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
prickle

Post by prickle »

thank you guys.
i hope i dont kill too many cacti :( i feel guilty already :D

beautiful pictures gemhunter! and you have an amazing collection!