Hi Cacti Lovers Everywhere

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Dave Adams

Hi Cacti Lovers Everywhere

Post by Dave Adams »

Hi Everyone My names Dave :newb: :wave: and I have around 200+ cacti ( and succulents too ) in a small greenhouse in England zone 9a/9b Cheshire. I have collected cacti since I was a child and I'm 44 now. I would like like to make contact to everyone and especially those collectors in the UK who may have similar conditions to mine. My greenhouse (polycarbonate) can reach 90+ (in April 2020)and spring/summer, to -5 or more in the winter. I have Gymnocalyciums, Parodias, Mammillarias, Rebutias, Lopophora, Echinopsis, Echinocereus etc plus cactiform Euphorbias, Lithops, and many other succulents which many have flowered before. I would really like to extend my greenhouse or build another one so I can get more plants.. Keep Safe, Keep Happy and Keep Growing :sunny:

Dave :cya:
hegar

Re: Hi Cacti Lovers Everywhere

Post by hegar »

Hello Dave,

welcome to the forum of the CactiGuide. You already have a larger collection than I do. Well, you also have been cultivating cacti for more years than I. :) As you most likely have already found out, there are many cactus growers here on the forum, which grow their plants in pots.
I am fortunate though, because I live in the Chihuahuan Desert and can grow a pretty good variety of cacti in the ground.

Harald
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
Dave Adams

Post by Dave Adams »

Thanks Guys,
I am quite jealous that you live the Chihuahua Desert Hegar, thats really cool if I were you I'd be out there collecting seed from everything I saw as there is so many mammillarias and echinocereus and stuff out there, If you do send me some LOL
Shane

Post by Shane »

Welcome. Sounds like you have quite a collection. Would love to see some pictures if you have any
Los Angeles, California (USA)
Zone 10b (yearly minimum temperature 1-5° C)

Fishhook cacti are like cats, they only like to be petted in one direction
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Hi Dave from another Dave in he UK. I have been collecting cacti in our sunless climate since 1961 and am President of the Nottingham Branch British Cactus & Succulent Society. We usually have around 20+ members at our Branch meetings, or we did before the Corona Virus lockdown stopped all meetings. I think I have around 900 plants at the moment in a cactus only collection since I do not collect the Other Succulents. Bit older than you though as I am 79.
Dave Adams

Post by Dave Adams »

Hi Everyone, I haven't got any pics as yet
(only a White Hatiora Easter cactus/Rhipsalidopsis),I have to get my Family to post me pics from their phones before I can try and show you all. I also have a passion for Rock Garden plants/Alpines and Perrenials such as Lupins (I recently grew a load from seed which are just starting to bloom) and Delphiniums, Poppys, Roses and many other cottage garden plants like Peony, Cocosmia, Iris etc I am lucky to have a big garden. I only have a small Greenhouse (8x6) but am trying (wishing) to get a bigger one (16x8) hopefully..one day it will be mine LOL.

Stay Safe, Stay Well, and Keep Growing :toothy4:
Dave Adams

Post by Dave Adams »

One of my prized plants- Euphorbia Gorgonis the rare and beautiful Medusae's Head Spurge
I haven't any pics of it at the moment but will try to post soon.

Stay Safe, Stay Well And Keep Growing :toothy4:
Janaina

Post by Janaina »

DFB6A2AD-FE37-44E2-A2B8-7B6478AD3E4C.jpeg
DFB6A2AD-FE37-44E2-A2B8-7B6478AD3E4C.jpeg (127.53 KiB) Viewed 2702 times
Hi Davee!!!! Hellooooo do Brasillll