lophophora williamsii Seed request

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
Licespray

lophophora williamsii Seed request

Post by Licespray »

Hey guys,

Chasing some seeds for this infamous little fellow.

Not really picky on the variety, though I am partial to the fluffier looking ones (they’re cute!).

Also, anyone know where to get Aztekium? I’ve decided I want to drive myself insane watching them grow..
Ferocactus best cactus :mrgreen:
Shane

Re: lophophora williamsii Seed request

Post by Shane »

Phoenix Desert nursery has some Aztekium seed. I just bought seed from them. They have good selection and prices, and they shipped my order quickly. They don't have L. williamsii since they're in the US though
Los Angeles, California (USA)
Zone 10b (yearly minimum temperature 1-5° C)

Fishhook cacti are like cats, they only like to be petted in one direction
Pereskiopsisdotcom

Post by Pereskiopsisdotcom »

Are you in the US or elsewhere? I'm in Canada and I ship Lophophora seeds of all kinds of varieties all over the world except the US.
http://pereskiopsis.com

Interests include: Rhipsalis, Turbinicarpus, Gymnocalycium, and Lophophora.
TimN

Post by TimN »

I, too, will send you L. williamsii seed. If you have anything interesting to trade, I'll trade some plants and you can make your own seed.
Disclaimer: I'm in sunny Arizona, so any advice I give may not apply in your circumstances.

Tim
fishfur

Post by fishfur »

I too have been hunting for lophophora seeds for some time now and have yet to have any good luck. If anyone is able to send to/within the US I will gladly pay or trade or whatever is needed... I was able to get ahold of some lophophora diffusa seeds recently and they’re germinating, but I’m interested in it’s cousin as well! Thank you for any info in advance!
A belt of watches is a waist of time
Sarraceniacrazy

Post by Sarraceniacrazy »

fishfur wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:41 pm I too have been hunting for lophophora seeds for some time now and have yet to have any good luck. If anyone is able to send to/within the US I will gladly pay or trade or whatever is needed... I was able to get ahold of some lophophora diffusa seeds recently and they’re germinating, but I’m interested in it’s cousin as well! Thank you for any info in advance!
Haha! Dont trade with this guy unless you want to be ignored after you ship.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

http://www.koehres-kaktus.de/shop/ (in Germany) also has Aztekium.
Spence :mrgreen:
Pereskiopsisdotcom

Sarraceniacrazy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:47 am
fishfur wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:41 pm I too have been hunting for lophophora seeds for some time now and have yet to have any good luck. If anyone is able to send to/within the US I will gladly pay or trade or whatever is needed... I was able to get ahold of some lophophora diffusa seeds recently and they’re germinating, but I’m interested in it’s cousin as well! Thank you for any info in advance!
What makes you say that? With one post I wonder what he would have to trade but would be concerned with anyone coming here asking people to incriminate themselves (shipping within the US).

Pereskiopsisdotcom

greenknight wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:33 am http://www.koehres-kaktus.de/shop/ (in Germany) also has Aztekium.
I agree. If I'm going to order Lophophora seeds with field number data in mind this is my favorite vendor. Sometimes the germination rates are woefully inadequate but if you order enough varieties, quite a few will suffice. The cost is a bit high as are the fees, but the shipping time is fast and email inquiries are replied to quickly.

Sarraceniacrazy

Post by Sarraceniacrazy »

Pereskiopsisdotcom wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:59 pm
Sarraceniacrazy wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 8:47 am
What makes you say that? With one post I wonder what he would have to trade but would be concerned with anyone coming here asking people to incriminate themselves (shipping within the US).
I traded with him. First trade went fine. Second trade he never shipped and stopped responding to me.
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

Pereskiopsisdotcom wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 3:01 pm
greenknight wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 9:33 am http://www.koehres-kaktus.de/shop/ (in Germany) also has Aztekium.
I agree. If I'm going to order Lophophora seeds with field number data in mind this is my favorite vendor. Sometimes the germination rates are woefully inadequate but if you order enough varieties, quite a few will suffice. The cost is a bit high as are the fees, but the shipping time is fast and email inquiries are replied to quickly.
Yes, their shipping and handling charges are fairly high, you need to order quite a bit to make it worth the handling fee. Great selection, though.
Spence :mrgreen:
oriky

Post by oriky »

Beware before you order from Korhes, they mislabel seeds almost every package i ever got from them.
They are very fair and always when i notice them for that they refund the money, even one time they sent me the seeds again for free, but the germination was0
Pereskiopsisdotcom

oriky wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:15 pm Beware before you order from Korhes, they mislabel seeds almost every package i ever got from them.
They are very fair and always when i notice them for that they refund the money, even one time they sent me the seeds again for free, but the germination was0
I imagine that this would technically happen with any seed vendor as they have so much inventory and so many orders that occasionally some get through the cracks. I'm curious as to which species you found this with and what alerted you to the error. So far, I've paid close attention to what I've germinated and from what I previously know (as much as I can know until flowering on some) everything checks out.

oriky

Post by oriky »

Pereskiopsisdotcom wrote: Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:00 pm
oriky wrote: Sun Mar 29, 2020 3:15 pm Beware before you order from Korhes, they mislabel seeds almost every package i ever got from them.
I imagine that this would technically happen with any seed vendor as they have so much inventory and so many orders that occasionally some get through the cracks. I'm curious as to which species you found this with and what alerted you to the error. So far, I've paid close attention to what I've germinated and from what I previously know (as much as I can know until flowering on some) everything checks out.
I order allot of seeds. From allot different vendors (10+), there was some mislabeled and un germinate seeds for most of them - but on korhes - its ALWAYS happend - 4 undependent orders - all of them was mislabeled seeds - and very low germinate rate, here only some stories

Trichocereus was mislabeled and very low germinate rate
Discocactus hortsii - was just mix off discocactus - none of them hortsii
Cereus spiralis - normal cereus, low germinate rate
100+ astrophytum seeds 6-7 germinate - the one that germinate look good
Order of 5 species (geo,3* ubel, fra) - ZERO GERMINATION!!!!
And the list is much longer.

From me experience since the father is dead, looks like Betina doesn't know what she do.
Shane

Post by Shane »

oriky wrote: Mon Apr 13, 2020 7:16 pm Cereus spiralis - normal cereus, low germinate rate
I was considering ordering that exact seed from them. They never spiraled for you? How tall have they grown?
Los Angeles, California (USA)
Zone 10b (yearly minimum temperature 1-5° C)

Fishhook cacti are like cats, they only like to be petted in one direction