Pachypodium Baronii v. windsorii

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
KevinMagicLam

Pachypodium Baronii v. windsorii

Post by KevinMagicLam »

Hello,

I am currently looking for a place to buy a small-medium sized Pachypodium Baronii v. Windsorii. Seems like none of the places are carrying them and everything on eBay overseas is outrageously priced.

Any help on who I should contact would be greatly appreciated! I've contacted Out of Africa and Paradise Found.

Thanks!!
perez-suarez

Re: Pachypodium Baronii v. windsorii

Post by perez-suarez »

I´m German, but more than eight months I stay at the Canary Islands.I`retired, only a hobby !
There on my garden I propagate lots of succulents: Aloe, Euphorbias, caudex plants, Membs etc.,but with a spanish friend
on his farm since about five years we have a program to protect all Pachypodium species from Madagascar and Africa.
I have a very good connection to Magadascar, and we are propagating all Pachypodium species from seeds- small plants-
after about two years we are planting the seedlings on the field, about 200 too 400 plants.
Since last year we harvested our own Pachypodium baroni and Pachypodium windsorii seeds, the gemination rate of this
seed are more than 95%. On this way we hope to protect all endangered Pachypodium species.
When you want, you can get in autum some seeds.
Saludos de Gran Canaria
perez-suarez
Attachments
Pachyp. baroni, Bl,Früchte (800x600).jpg
Pachyp. baroni, Bl,Früchte (800x600).jpg (163.34 KiB) Viewed 9553 times
Pachypodium windsorii, Feld (800x600).jpg
Pachypodium windsorii, Feld (800x600).jpg (233.52 KiB) Viewed 9553 times
Amadeo y Fafi, Pachyp. baronii (800x600).jpg
Amadeo y Fafi, Pachyp. baronii (800x600).jpg (226.9 KiB) Viewed 9553 times
Pachyp. densifl. (800x600).jpg
Pachyp. densifl. (800x600).jpg (208.72 KiB) Viewed 9553 times
Pachyp. rosul. ssp. makayense (800x600).jpg
Pachyp. rosul. ssp. makayense (800x600).jpg (115.32 KiB) Viewed 9553 times
Pachypodium eburneum (782x800).jpg
Pachypodium eburneum (782x800).jpg (170.71 KiB) Viewed 9553 times
Pachypodium decaryi, Blüte (727x800).jpg
Pachypodium decaryi, Blüte (727x800).jpg (103.45 KiB) Viewed 9553 times
Shane

Post by Shane »

perez-suarez wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:34 am I´m German, but more than eight months I stay at the Canary Islands.I`retired, only a hobby !
There on my garden I propagate lots of succulents: Aloe, Euphorbias, caudex plants, Membs etc.,but with a spanish friend
on his farm since about five years we have a program to protect all Pachypodium species from Madagascar and Africa.
I have a very good connection to Magadascar, and we are propagating all Pachypodium species from seeds- small plants-
after about two years we are planting the seedlings on the field, about 200 too 400 plants.
Since last year we harvested our own Pachypodium baroni and Pachypodium windsorii seeds, the gemination rate of this
seed are more than 95%. On this way we hope to protect all endangered Pachypodium species.
Saludos de Gran Canaria
perez-suarez
Wow, that's an ambitious project. Good luck!
Also, really nice pictures, thanks for sharing
Los Angeles, California (USA)
Zone 10b (yearly minimum temperature 1-5° C)

Fishhook cacti are like cats, they only like to be petted in one direction
mikethecactusguy

Post by mikethecactusguy »

WOW ! Nice cultivation.
Mike The Cactus Guy
Enjoying the Spines
Emi

Post by Emi »

Amazing project. Hello friends, I will soon receive a plant of about 10 centimeters high of pachypodium baronii and it comes bare roots. I would like to be given some advice for planting as the best substrate and irrigation that I should give these first days or weeks
Thanks........
Edwindwianto

Post by Edwindwianto »

Well done 👍👍👍
And good luck

And if you have a very good connecyion with madagaskar, why don't you just go there and collect the wild seeds?

EDWIN
perez-suarez

Post by perez-suarez »

We want to protect all Pachypodium species, therefore we are propagating plants on our farm on Gran Canaria.
We sow seeds, get seedlings, plant the seedlings on the ground, in about three years we have our own seeds to get new plants !
But what happend on Madagascar: people dig out the plants from the habitat for selling outside of Madagascar- it is a very poor
country. Look at the pic, Pachypodium rosulatum ssp. gracilius. I got the pic two weeks ago.
In few years there are no Pachypodium baroni, windsorii etc. more on Madagascar.
perez suarez
Attachments
Pachypodium rosulatum, Madagascar (800x600).jpg
Pachypodium rosulatum, Madagascar (800x600).jpg (185.23 KiB) Viewed 7561 times
Edwindwianto

Post by Edwindwianto »

perez-suarez wrote: Fri Mar 13, 2020 11:41 pm We want to protect all Pachypodium species, therefore we are propagating plants on our farm on Gran Canaria.
We sow seeds, get seedlings, plant the seedlings on the ground, in about three years we have our own seeds to get new plants !
But what happend on Madagascar: people dig out the plants from the habitat for selling outside of Madagascar- it is a very poor
country. Look at the pic, Pachypodium rosulatum ssp. gracilius. I got the pic two weeks ago.
In few years there are no Pachypodium baroni, windsorii etc. more on Madagascar.
perez suarez
Good morning Sir

Yes Sir, i understand this
It is always like that all over the world...poachers!

But my question still stands...
If you have a good conections with madagaskas, why don't you just go to the habitat, and collect the wild seed of Pachypodium Baronii v. windsorii to be planted in your field?

Do you plan to reintroduce your cultivated plants to the wild?

BTW, good luck Sir with your noble cause

EDWIN
Emi

Post by Emi »

Emi wrote: Wed Mar 11, 2020 5:24 pm Amazing project. Hello friends, I will soon receive a plant of about 10 centimeters high of pachypodium baronii and it comes bare roots. I would like to be given some advice for planting as the best substrate and irrigation that I should give these first days or weeks
Thanks........
Hello, anyone? Any advice?
perez-suarez

Post by perez-suarez »

Pachypodium baroni and windsorii seeds harvested in August 2019 from owm plants, pics form 3.14. 20
Pachypodium enigmaticum y Pachypodium inopinatum from habitat seeds - seldom Pachypodien.
Pachypodium decaryi on the ground are from seeds too, about three years old.
perez-suarez
PS
wintertime
Attachments
Pachypodium baronii, 13.8.19 from own seeds.jpg
Pachypodium baronii, 13.8.19 from own seeds.jpg (152.41 KiB) Viewed 7454 times
Pachypodium windsorii,10.9.19 from own seeds.jpg
Pachypodium windsorii,10.9.19 from own seeds.jpg (110.29 KiB) Viewed 7454 times
Pachypodium baronii with flower 3.14.20.jpg
Pachypodium baronii with flower 3.14.20.jpg (229.27 KiB) Viewed 7454 times
Pachypodium  baronii, habitat seeds,Mandritsara.jpg
Pachypodium baronii, habitat seeds,Mandritsara.jpg (192.22 KiB) Viewed 7454 times
Pachypodium decaryi (800x600).jpg
Pachypodium decaryi (800x600).jpg (236.72 KiB) Viewed 7454 times
Pachypodium enigmaticum (800x708).jpg
Pachypodium enigmaticum (800x708).jpg (142.23 KiB) Viewed 7454 times
Pachypodium inopinatum (600x800).jpg
Pachypodium inopinatum (600x800).jpg (120.44 KiB) Viewed 7454 times
Emi

Post by Emi »

perez-suarez wrote: Mon Mar 16, 2020 10:58 pm Pachypodium baroni and windsorii seeds harvested in August 2019 from owm plants, pics form 3.14. 20
Pachypodium enigmaticum y Pachypodium inopinatum from habitat seeds - seldom Pachypodien.
Pachypodium decaryi on the ground are from seeds too, about three years old.
perez-suarez
PS
wintertime
Amazing!!!!, how could I get some winsorii seeds or plant or both of them, I live in malaga I already wrote a private one but I dont know if I did it right because I did not receive an answer and I do not know if something went wrong when sending the message you have the paradise of the pachypodium in the Canary Islands thanks.....
perez-suarez

Post by perez-suarez »

I have sent private message
perez-suarez
Emi

Post by Emi »

perez-suarez wrote: Tue Mar 17, 2020 10:34 pm I have sent private message
perez-suarez
Hello friend, I don't know if you mean me, but I haven't received a message check that you click on my name and then click on PM message, if you are doing it correctly then there will be another type of problem :D thanks
perez-suarez

Post by perez-suarez »

Hello Emi,
I don´t know the problem, send the message to my mail address.
heinz-dieter.reineke@t-online.de
Saludos
perez-suarez
isde02

Post by isde02 »

perez-suarez wrote: Mon Jun 24, 2019 11:34 am I´m German, but more than eight months I stay at the Canary Islands.I`retired, only a hobby !
Saludos de Gran Canaria
perez-suarez
Hello, I'm new to this site. I propagate and grow pachypodium and adenium as well, but not on your scale. If you could spare some seeds of windsorii and ambogense if you have it, I would gladly pay for them.