Just an idea :)

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
Cyber_380

Just an idea :)

Post by Cyber_380 »

Hi everyone,

Its not a good idea to have a cactus and succulents marketplace here with auctions and buy it now options?

Im telling you that because Im a member of a numismatic forum and they have one there and it gets very very busy...

Thanks,
Bryan
teo

Re: Just an idea :)

Post by teo »

I think since this this is an international forum with participants from all over the world it would be impractical for plants (seeds maybe)
Cyber_380

Post by Cyber_380 »

teo wrote:I think since this this is an international forum with participants from all over the world it would be impractical for plants (seeds maybe)
Yeah you are probably right :)
kuni1234567

Post by kuni1234567 »

I would not mind giving plants or seeds to other grower, but many succulents and all cactus are under CITES control. This means that I cannot send plants or seeds to other countries unless I have CITES permits. I live near areas where cactus grow in nature and have to have permits to collect plants or even seeds. I can drive hundreds of miles and see millions of cactus growing in the Southern California deserts. I can also buy cactus and succulents from many dealers, but cannot send plants or seeds overseas without permits.