Reliable seed source?

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
DaveW

Re: Reliable seed source?

Post by DaveW »

Mine was shipped but I have not got it yet, therefore maybe you are correct Pereskiopsis, coronavirus has suspended international shipping or slowed it right down? But even internally in the UK I am finding things coming a few days later than they were advertised at and usually do. However they are probably being shipped second class therefore getting even lower priority than urgent parcels.
Pereskiopsisdotcom

Post by Pereskiopsisdotcom »

DaveW wrote: Mon Apr 06, 2020 11:47 am Mine was shipped but I have not got it yet, therefore maybe you are correct Pereskiopsis, coronavirus has suspended international shipping or slowed it right down? But even internally in the UK I am finding things coming a few days later than they were advertised at and usually do. However they are probably being shipped second class therefore getting even lower priority than urgent parcels.
Usually, Amazon.ca has 2-day shipping guarantees in Canada. For nonessential items, it has been estimated at 30 days for me (that includes things like diapers as nonessential). Canada Post has also removed all guarantees on priority shipping. That said, I'm getting letters and documents domestically and internationally with little to no delay.

I'm curious if other countries have simply suspended shipping on nonessential items.
http://pereskiopsis.com

Interests include: Rhipsalis, Turbinicarpus, Gymnocalycium, and Lophophora.
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Surprise Surprise!

I received my order from Gerado today, 15th April 2020. It was placed on December 12, 2019 using PayPal in payment and I see it was posted to me on 24th March 2020. They included a free packet of seed as a gift.

Still rather a long time to wait. Much better if they did not take seed orders until February or March when they had the seed in stock.
Condorfax

Post by Condorfax »

Congratulation, Dave !
I can still have a little hope for my order placed on 11th November...
majcka

Post by majcka »

DaveW wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 pm Surprise Surprise!

I received my order from Gerado today, 15th April 2020. It was placed on December 12, 2019 using PayPal in payment and I see it was posted to me on 24th March 2020. They included a free packet of seed as a gift.

Still rather a long time to wait. Much better if they did not take seed orders until February or March when they had the seed in stock.
They should of came a day earlier. :lol: :lol:
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

majcka

Post by majcka »

DaveW wrote: Wed Apr 15, 2020 7:29 pm Surprise Surprise!

Dave...they have this written on their web site:

"Due to low temperatures the earliest term possible to handle orders is aproximatelly March 20 and the lates October 31 for most of the goods offered"

Maybe that is why it took so long to send a parcel.
Maja

Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

teo

Post by teo »

But if you order seeds only there should be no temperature problems?
majcka

Post by majcka »

teo wrote: Fri Apr 17, 2020 7:44 am But if you order seeds only there should be no temperature problems?
I don't know. Maybe that is just their politics. :?: :?:
Maja

Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Agreed Teo, unless very cold seeds in an envelope, particularly the padded bubble ones survive OK. However a lot of firms like to shut down in the winter rather than deal with just a few odd orders out of season, therefore restrict orders to certain months. Some even state their seed lists are out of date and no longer valid past a certain date.

Main problem are those firms that publish lists online before they have the seeds, therefore can't fulfil the orders until much later..
Pereskiopsisdotcom

Post by Pereskiopsisdotcom »

DaveW wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 12:28 pm Agreed Teo, unless very cold seeds in an envelope, particularly the padded bubble ones survive OK. However a lot of firms like to shut down in the winter rather than deal with just a few odd orders out of season, therefore restrict orders to certain months. Some even state their seed lists are out of date and no longer valid past a certain date.

Main problem are those firms that publish lists online before they have the seeds, therefore can't fulfil the orders until much later..
I actually prefer this process if a vendor doesn't want to do business in the winter months. I recently ordered from a vendor (forget which one) who completely takes their list off each year and adds a new one when they're ready to do business again. That process still took three months from order to shipment received, but better than the 6+ months most people are getting from the Czech Republic and at least they communicated with me during the process.
http://pereskiopsis.com

Interests include: Rhipsalis, Turbinicarpus, Gymnocalycium, and Lophophora.
Andrzej1972

Post by Andrzej1972 »

Gerardo not answer, not send seeds. Worst seller ever