Help me purchase some cold hardy cactus

Discuss hardy cacti grown outside all year.
zackattack784

Help me purchase some cold hardy cactus

Post by zackattack784 »

I just completed my raised bed to grow some cold hardy cacti but I'm having trouble finding a place to purchase them online. I have some opuntia humifusa but that's it for now. I wanted to buy some Opuntia polyacantha but I can't find any place online that has them in stock and I'm not sure I trust eBay. Can someone point me in the right direction? Also, any other suggestions would be welcome! I'm in the Lehigh Valley PA area which is zone 6b.

Thanks!
Nic

Re: Help me purchase some cold hardy cactus

Post by Nic »

https://the-cactus-man.myshopify.com/, intermountain cactus, and high country gardens all have lots of hardy cacti.
There is no cactus you can't eat, but you just might regret it if you eat the wrong one.
Brontosaurus

Post by Brontosaurus »

It sounds like you already know what kind of cacti you want, but if not, I heartily recommend Leo J. Chance's Cacti & Succulents for Cold Climates. Chance lives in Colorado and has successfully grown everything in the book.
SCS

Post by SCS »

Brontosaurus wrote:It sounds like you already know what kind of cacti you want, but if not, I heartily recommend Leo J. Chance's Cacti & Succulents for Cold Climates. Chance lives in Colorado and has successfully grown everything in the book.
What an awesome suggestion! My local library has this as an e-book.

Thank you!
Best regards, Lisa
Shoal Creek Succulents