Free seeds / seed swap list

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
Edwindwianto

Re: Free seeds / seed swap 2018 list

Post by Edwindwianto »

Aiko wrote: Sat Nov 23, 2019 12:33 pm Can't you mail your plants when you move back to Indonesia?
Hahaha...i'am not sure how to do it (the papers needed by the indo's govt, quarantine and all)...usually, i just bring them home among my shirt in my suitcase 🙊
Aiko

Re: Free seeds / seed swap 2020 list

Post by Aiko »

Small update again. I added Bowiea to the list, as the seed pods are now ripe. The postage price will go up by 5 eurocent for 2020, postage will not be 1.50 euro for worldwide delivery.

I have the following species available for free to everyone, experienced or inexperienced:
- Albuca shawiii (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Anacampseros arachnoides (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Bowiea volubilis - harvest of winter 2019
- Delosperma sp. (should take some frost when dry) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Eucomis vandermerwei (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Eucomis zambesiaca (one portion of seven seeds left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Ferocactus glaucescens - harvest of summer 2019
- Habranthus tubispathus - harvest of summer 2019
- Lithops sp. (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2019
- Tulbaghia galpinii - harvest of summer 2019

I have the following species available for free to experienced growers only:
- Bulbine aff. mesembryanthemoides (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2019
- Bulbine wiesei (one portion of 3 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2019
- Conophytum friedrichiae (ex SB1208, Samoep) (one portion left)- harvest of autumn 2019
- Drimia uniflora (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2019
- Lachenalia aloides var. quadricolor (one portion of 11 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Lachenalia (Polyxena) ensifolia (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia echinata (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia pustulata (mother plant possibly a Massonia hybrid, so can't guarentee this to be a "true" M. pustulata) - harvest of spring 2019
- Turbinicarpus valdezianus var. albiflorus (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2019

And I have these available for swapping only:
- Drimia ciliata (ex Visrivier) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Epithelantha micromeris - harvest of summer 2019
- Mammillaria coahuilense (ex SB699, Hipolito, Coahuila, Mexico) - harvest of summer 2019
- Resnova megaphylla (ex Tonteldoos) (one portion of 4 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2019

Please send me a personal message if you are interested.

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as for some species it is hard to harvest them without flower remains and a chore to get them out.

I don't sell any seeds. All seeds on offer are free, unless the species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage via paypal. Reimbursement will be 1.50 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Edwindwianto

Post by Edwindwianto »

Aiko wrote: Tue Dec 31, 2019 3:34 pm - Lithops sp. (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2019
Hi Aiko, Merry X'mas and happy new year 😊

I would like to make sure...are they species seeds or hybrid seeds?

Thanks

Regards,
EDWIN
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

The Ferocactus glaucescens is now gone.

I have the following species available for free to everyone, experienced or inexperienced:
- Bowiea volubilis - harvest of winter 2019
- Delosperma sp. (should take some frost when dry) (one portion left) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Eucomis vandermerwei (one portion left of about 20 seeds) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Tulbaghia galpinii - harvest of summer 2019

- Conophytum friedrichiae (ex SB1208, Samoep) (one portion left)- harvest of autumn 2019
- Lachenalia aloides var. quadricolor (one portion of 11 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2019
- Massonia pustulata (mother plant possibly a Massonia hybrid, so can't guarentee this to be a "true" M. pustulata) - harvest of spring 2019
- Turbinicarpus valdezianus var. albiflorus (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2019

- Mammillaria coahuilense (ex SB699, Hipolito, Coahuila, Mexico) - harvest of summer 2019
- Resnova megaphylla (ex Tonteldoos) (one portion of 4 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2019

I do not count the seeds per bag, so I cannot guarantee a certain amount of seeds. I make sure you will get more than enough, usually multiple dozens per species per bag if they are not rare and / or my stock is not extremely low. Seeds usually are clean, but depending on the species there could be some flower debris along with the seeds as for some species it is hard to harvest them without flower remains and a chore to get them out.

I don't sell any seeds. All seeds on offer are free, unless the species that are 'swapping only'. For free seeds please reimburse me for postage via paypal. Reimbursement will be 1.50 euro for worldwide delivery if I can keep the envelope below 20 grams (in most cases). Occasionally the envelope will be heavier, doubling the postage costs (I will let you know if this is the case).

I can send seeds all around the world (if your country needs a customs CN22 declaration that's not a problem, e.g. for Australia or New Zealand).
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Edwindwianto wrote: Thu Jan 09, 2020 2:50 am I would like to make sure...are they species seeds or hybrid seeds?
They are from an open and uncontrolled pollination, so could be hybrid seeds.
Edwindwianto

Post by Edwindwianto »

Aiko wrote: Sat Jan 18, 2020 6:17 pm They are from an open and uncontrolled pollination, so could be hybrid seeds.
Thanks Aiko for the response
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

I cleaned seed pods for Succulenta. Sometimes seeds get spilled, and later on I don't know to which species they belong too. Instead of throwing them away, I prefer giving them away. So I added one portion of Epithelantha mix to my list. It probably (no guarentees) ranges from E. bokei, E. pachyrhyza to a few E. micromeris forms. Don't expect E. ilariae, though.

- Bowiea volubilis - harvest of winter 2019-2020
- Eucomis vandermerwei (one portion left of about 20 seeds) - harvest of autumn 2019
- Tulbaghia galpinii (one portion left) - harvest of summer 2019

- Epithelantha mix (one portion left) - harvest of winter 2019-2020
- Massonia pustulata (mother plant possibly a Massonia hybrid, so can't guarentee this to be a "true" M. pustulata) (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2019

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

I am looking for Mammillaria stella-de-tacubaya, so if anyone has seeds or plants to swap (or sell), please let met know.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

More out of stock. The Anacampseros arachnoides are now gone, as are the Turbinicarpus valdezianus var. albiflorus and Delosperma sp. seeds too.

It looks my stock is getting really low with all the red text. However I expect fresh harvested seeds of Turbinicarpus valdezianus again next April or May, and by then I should have some interesting Massonia species (M. tenella, M. amoena) on offer too, if all goes well.

- Bowiea volubilis (one portion left) - harvest of winter 2019-2020
- Epithelantha mix (one portion left) - harvest of winter 2019-2020
- Massonia pustulata (mother plant possibly a Massonia hybrid, so can't guarentee this to be a "true" M. pustulata) (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2019

CactusInteruptus

Post by CactusInteruptus »

Are these available for shipping in the Philippines? I don't have most of the species here. Thanks, hoping for a favorable response.
I love cacti! I love cacti!! I love cacti!!! :lol:
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update. Now spring is here, I can finally add something to the list again! Although I have now removed Mammillaria coahuilense (I sowed the remaining seeds myself today), I have added a lot of Massonia species to the list. And shifted some from the swap section to the free section.

- Epithelantha sp. mix (one portion left) - harvest of winter 2019-2020
- Eucomis zambesiaca (one portion of 7 seeds left) - harvest of autumn 2019

- Lachenalia (Polyxena) ensifolia - harvest of spring 2019 and 2020
- Lachenalia paucifolia (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia bakeriana, "Massonia pustulata pale leaf form" (one portion of 6 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia depressa (ex Addo) - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia echinata - harvest of spring 2019 and 2020
- Massonia echinata (ex Plettenberg Bay) (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia hirsuta (one portion of 8 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia hirsuta (ex Addo) - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia longipes - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia pseudoechinata (ex Roggeveld), previously incorrectly distributed as Massonia roggeveldensis - harvest of spring 2020

- Frailea asterioides - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia amoena - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia echinata "densely pubescent", covered in tiny hairs - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia pygmaea subsp. khamiesbergensis - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia pygmaea subsp. pygmaea - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia tenella (ex Nieuwoudtville) (one portion of 6 seeds left) - harvest of spring 2020
- Resnova megaphylla (ex Tonteldoos) (one portion of 5 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2019

Aiko

Post by Aiko »

Another update. Some things gone again, some others low on stock.

- Epithelantha sp. mix (one portion left) - harvest of winter 2019-2020

- Lachenalia (Polyxena) ensifolia - harvest of spring 2019 and 2020
- Lachenalia paucifolia (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia depressa (ex Addo) - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia echinata - harvest of spring 2019 and 2020
- Massonia hirsuta (ex Addo) - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia longipes - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia pseudoechinata (ex Roggeveld), previously incorrectly distributed as Massonia roggeveldensis - harvest of spring 2020

- Frailea asterioides - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia amoena (one portion left) - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia echinata "densely pubescent", covered in tiny hairs - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia pygmaea subsp. khamiesbergensis - harvest of spring 2020
- Massonia pygmaea subsp. pygmaea - harvest of spring 2020
- Resnova megaphylla (ex Tonteldoos) (one portion of 5 seeds left) - harvest of summer 2019

Last edited by Aiko on Thu Jun 11, 2020 7:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Janaina

Post by Janaina »

hi good afternoon, i would like to receive cactus seeds, i'm from Brazil !!! thank you
jordansindoorjungle

Post by jordansindoorjungle »

Hi, is anyone still sending free seeds? I know this is an old thread, by I am VERY interested and would love to receive some, of pretty much any variety. I'm an avid but intermediate grower.
Jordan
esp_imaging

Post by esp_imaging »

jordansindoorjungle wrote: Thu Jun 11, 2020 4:12 pm Hi, is anyone still sending free seeds? I know this is an old thread, by I am VERY interested and would love to receive some, of pretty much any variety. I'm an avid but intermediate grower.
Jordan
Aiko wrote: Sun Apr 19, 2020 6:35 pm
A small diverse collection of Cacti & Succulents
Based in the UK
http://www.edwardshaw.co.uk/cacti