Cuban cactus?

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
oldcat61

Cuban cactus?

Post by oldcat61 »

With the news today about Cuba, I kept wondering: will we get neat new melocactus now? Who's got a boat & lots of cash? Yee-Ha. Sue
DaveW

Re: Cuban cactus?

Post by DaveW »

You may like these links then Sue:-

http://www.cactus-succulents.com/cuban_cacti_1.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

http://www.bgci.org/resources/news/0180/" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

I presume CITES regulations would apply to importing from another country though, even if nearby, but maybe a few will float across!
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

The US is the only country still hanging on to these outdated travel restrictions. People from the rest of the world can travel there fairly easily. So its not like this walled off place is suddenly open to the world. A non-American friend of mine was there over the summer collecting plants all over the island. He was after cycads and tropical plants, not so much cacti. He had a great time. The hard part comes with what the Cuban government will or won't let you do, not with what the US says.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Yes i agree with saxicola you can go to Cuba from anywhere other then the US
I kno alot of people who have been there
Carl_B

Post by Carl_B »

Cuba is quite a popular holiday destination for people outside of the US I know of a number of people who have gone on package holidays to Cuba
oldcat61

Post by oldcat61 »

No one ever accused American politicians of having any common sense. And the right is still howling like it's the end of democracy. I was sort of making a poor attempt at humor with my post. So silly that KW in Germany can buy something we can't get from 90 miles away. Like I have room for any more melos. Sue
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Lol sue