Kent and Conniseurs Cacti ( south east ) UK

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
Eutow_Intermedium

Kent and Conniseurs Cacti ( south east ) UK

Post by Eutow_Intermedium »

Pictures from June, 2, 2011

Both front greenhouses at Kent Cacti. John Pilbeam's on left and Doug Sizmur's on right.

John's front nursery greenhouse.

Doug's front nursery greenhouse.

Echinopsis , Chamaelobivia and Rebutia

Hamatocactus Setispinus

Mixture of cacti

In Doug's nursery greenhouse ( Kent cacti )

=^-^=

Enjoy . .
Eutow_Intermedium

Re: Kent and Conniseurs Cacti ( south east ) UK

Photo's from June 28 2012

Plants I came away with on the day.

Turbinicarpus klinkerianus
Echinopsis ( schick hybrid )
Gymno Denudatum
Setieckinopsis Mirabilis
Turbinicarpus Krainzianus
Chamaelobivia Unikum
Frailea sp * died the year after * as frailea's do . Thats it I give up.
Rebutia solisioides
Chamaelobivia John Pilbeam
Gymnocalycium Glaucum ssp Ferrari
Echinopsis ( shick hybrid )
Echinopsis ( shick hybrid )
Daydream , Pink diamond and Oberon on the day

John Pilbeam and Eileen Ward

Eileen and John ward

Astrophytum umpteen

Astrophytum , ferocactus , echinocereus and many others

Right hand side of Doug's nursery greenhouse

Mixture of good sized plants inc Notocatus ( parodia ) lenninghausii , Echinocactus Grusonii, Astrophytum, stapelia and more.

A good sized mammilaria Pringlei. I have an old one of these and something funny is happening at the top , I have four seperate growing points developing.

Two hooj Astrophytum Ornatum. I dont think these are for sale , as they have always been there. I think I got pics of these the time after too.

A drop dead Gorgeous white spined form of Echinocactus Grusonii ~*~* =^_^= *~*~

Carnivorous pither type plants in one orner of Doug's greenhouse. Just walking in the greenhouse. Looking at these plants , lush and green , make you feel cool and refreshed.

The light begins to fade in Doug's nursery greenhouse. last purchases before we have our quick chat and pack up for the night.

=^-^=

Enjoy . . . .
Last edited by Eutow_Intermedium on Mon Jul 22, 2013 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
majcka

Post by majcka »

Oooooo. Goody!
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook

Eutow_Intermedium

Photo's from June 27th 2013

Rebutia and Sulcorebutia

Thelocactus, mammilaria, rebutia at full tilt and astrophytum asterias

Looking down John Pilbeam's nursery greenhouse , the other way toawrads the car park and shack.

In Doug's nursery greenhouse looking towards the small progation house.

Echinopsis ( shick hybrids ) in full sun . I spent quite a bit of time going through these plants. Wish I had'nt left Pooka behing tho. That was on the other side , and it was a little wobberley in the pot , so I left it.

BCSS Bromley ( fish & chip ) supper begins without Kim and I knowing. Luckily it's all pre booked so , there was enouth to go around. More in the box.

Landscape photo showing the whole of Doug's nursery greenhouse looking towards the samall propogating house.

Inside John Pilbeam's personal stock greenhouse. There are some plants available for sale in here , but they are mainly stock. half of it on the other side looks rather unloved and near to expiring. I got my two Turbs in here.

Is that an Echinocereus in bloom

I found this poor little blighter underneath the bench where nobody could see it. So I put it up top in a gap where I previusly took a plant out.
this is Echinopsis ( schick hybrid ) Infinity. Now I know what the one I bought should look lik when it flowers.

Flash photo

Echinopsis ( shick hybrids ) These have been kept in full sun and you can see the mazing array of colours they have taken on. I'm not sure if full sun adversely affects the plants. But it sure made for a colourful show.

( close up photo )

Reminds me of aerosol paint tins of various colours packed in tight in one place.

As the sun goes down , a photo of Kim and myself's bicycle. I have a camaro GT light touring racer from 1985/86. her that I gave her is an old 1980 Triumph Trafficmaster.

A very lucky Echinopsis ( schick ) hybrid ( Infinity ) again , had a ride in the side of a pannier bag on my Camaro GT light touring racer. This little fella was my happy German shepherd with his tongue hanging out , all the way home.

BCSS Bromley . Conniseurs and Kent cacti open day and Fish and Chip supper comes to an end as the sun goes dow. Just enough time for a quick natter before everybody leaves

=^-^=

Enjoy . . . .
Eutow_Intermedium

27, June 2013 iPhone pics

A plant called WOW !

Mad selection of astrophytum ornatum 8-[

Tucking into Fish & Chip supper

A friend of mine online bought herself a cactus and named it Algernon. Algernon very quickly needed surgey a was seen with his head cut off :dontknow: , then sporting a home made Top hat made of card board. She then mentioned that she has found out there was in fact a cactus known as a Discocactus.

The day after I just happened top mention to John Pilbem that if he had a Disco cactus anywhere in the three nursery greenhouses,. He shook his head and could'nt personaly think of the location of one.

Later while looking through other plants , I had a tap on the shoulder from another member that must have overheard our conversation , and produced a Discocactus. I was'nt going to have it , but the man went through all that to find it to give it to me. I had some spare £ £ £ , and despite it being a bit pricey I decided to take it hearing that they dont like the cold.

I later tagged my friend into a picture on FB , and it was duely Algernon aproved.

Back on the Shick hybrid echinopsis bench. This iPhone flick shows you how vivid the colour range the plants have turned in full sun. Almost a rainbow's variety.

Closeup of flower tube and bud on Echinopsis daydream ( schick ) I also have this one , I aquired here in 2012.

At the end of the day Daiv , these were the two turbs I came away with. One Macrochele of which had a seed pod on it that has recently popped , and a Turb Klinkerianus , of which I forgot I had bought a plant the year before lol.

=^-^=

END

Enjoy . . . .
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

I see you had quite a time! :D
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
Eutow_Intermedium

=^_^=

Bump ! !

Yes the Greenhouses there, really are a place of Wonderment to me.
Snowcat

Post by Snowcat »

Thanks for this trip to a wonderful place!
CactusFanDan

Post by CactusFanDan »

I can't believe I didn't see this sooner! Looks like a great place. :) John Pilbeam quite a famous grower and it shows. I wish I could go there some time!
-Dan
Happy growing!

There is always one more glochid. Somewhere.
My C&S blog