Lophophora genus page

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
cedillamuerta

Lophophora genus page

Post by cedillamuerta »

I've been reading through each genus page on the guide to absorb as much as I can (I'm very nerdy) and I noticed that, at least as far as I've gotten, Lophophora is the only genus page with no general notes box. I'd think that with a genus as widely cultivated and discussed as Lophs, there'd be a paragraph in there too. :lol: Forgive me if I'm being nitpicky, but I love the format we have for each genus page. Thanks.
daiv
Site Admin

Re: Lophophora genus page

Post by daiv »

Hi, good observation. Did you notice the part that said:

Additional notes are available for this genus:
Click Here to Hide/Show User Notes

If you click that you'll see all of Kyle's notes on the subject. With that, Lophophora is one of the more comprehensively documented genera on the site. I should include an overview of the genus to go with it, however.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
cedillamuerta

Post by cedillamuerta »

Yes, I did. I read through Kyle's contributions. I was just surprised that there weren't any generic notes and thought maybe it was because of their legal status. Then I thought "no" because only L. williamsi really contains much mescaline.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

No the "real" reason behind it is that I skipped over the genus as I alphabetically went down the list because it already had info and many had nothing. Then I forgot to get back to it. Not a very sophisticated reason I admit.
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

Just an FYI, if you are interested in reading more about Lophophora you should read Anderson's book on Peyote, I have read parts of it, and it's interesting.
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Yes, and a good place to get a copy: http://www.exoticplantbooks.com/detail/?product_id=329" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

:D