Succulentguide.com

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Actually, what I need to do is set them up and have you guys work on them. :wink:
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
John C

Post by John C »

That would work too. It would sure be a heck of a lot easier for you. :lol:

On a more serious note, Thank you for all that you do Daiv, for creating this wonderful website!
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
Peterthecactusguy

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

Daiv hahaha. would be interesting. I used to have a chatroom way back when, but I gave it up as it was pretty lame.
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
Arjen

Post by Arjen »

yeah, good work daiv! I'm sure this will attract a lot of extra people!
With apologies to the late Professor C. D. Darlington the following misquotation springs to
mind ‘cactus taxonomy is the pursuit of the impossible by the incompetent’ - Fearn & Pearcy, Rebutia (1981)
hob

Post by hob »

daiv wrote::oops: Whoops! You'll see that it is still a bit rough around the edges. Mostly missing content in some key areas. I had wanted to get at least 1000 species listed before the official launch. The forum will be shared between the two, which will require a little revamping.

As for Xerophytes, these can be added here as well - perhaps a bit of a stretch, but that's OK.

So there it is - a work in progress!
well, i was wondering when everyone would find it :P

for myself i would remind everyone that Daiv has other sites to run as well as a young family and a business to run and a living to make..........

we have a tenancy to think Daiv can be everywhere doing everything, all the time :shock:

not so, my failure as a moderator on cactiguide due to illness has i'm sure slowed things somewhat :shock:

i have been aware of this site for some months now and can only congratulate Daiv on his dedication to the many sites that he looks after and to encourage him not to do too much.

hob
incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.