Img function

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
Lair3514

Img function

Post by Lair3514 »

Is it me...? The last two or three times I've made posts with images, uploading the image(s) deletes any text I've typed prior to inserting the image. Don't know why I'm starting to have this problem as I had no trouble with images before.

Is anyone else having similar difficulties?
hob

Post by hob »

this sometimes happens where you can see the text in the posting box but not in the post, :?

it is a fault in the BB code caused by a gap between the code and the text in between

it should be like this

[img]there.must.be.no.spaces.here[/img]

not like this

[img]there.must.be.no.spaces.heregap[/img]

if thats not your problem then i don't have an answer.
incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.
Lair3514

Post by Lair3514 »

Hob,

You know that may be what is happening. I bet there was a gap of a space or two. I'll be sure to snug codes up to both ends of the text.

Thank you. I hope it's that simple.

Lair3514
Lair3514

Post by Lair3514 »

Hob, your advice worked. I also noticed that if I just use the "Upload picture" button and don't bother with codes, it all works out better for me. It's good not to have to retype stuff anymore when I'm putting a post together. Thanks for the assist.
liisa8800

Post by liisa8800 »

I cant see pictures 2 or 3 weeks( i can see only when i to run as administrator to my internet explorer) :roll: .
I'm not Englis guy, so im sorry if i have mistakes in my text.
Liisa

Be shiny :D .
Lair3514

Post by Lair3514 »

Liisa8800,

I don't know the answer to your question. It may be helpful, however, to make this post under "New Topic" instead of "Post a Reply." More people will see your question and there will be a greater chance someone will be able to answer. You might title your New Topic "I Can't See Pictures." Good luck!