Motorcycle helmet law in Texas will be changed

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
natarya

Motorcycle helmet law in Texas will be changed

Post by natarya »

In the past, the helmet law in Texas was only a partial law meaning motorists over 40cc were required to wear a helmet, but there are a few exemptions, that are riders aged 21 and over, riders who completed a motorcycle safety course, or riders who carry adequate health insurance minimums of $ 10,000.

This made it difficult for the police to identify the violation because they had no authority to pull over riders just because they weren't wearing helmets. Those who do not belong to the 3 above exemption groups can violate the law without worrying about getting caught. Realizing the lack of strictness in the helmet law, Texas Representative Victoria Neave proposed a bill to fill this loophole.

This new bill gives police the right to stop riders not wearing helmets to check if they are qualified enough to not wear a helmet.
Despite the support of politicians and the majority of motorcyclists, many are concerned the bill will increase police profiling.

Some say, this law will not reduce the number of accidents, and helmets cannot protect other parts of the body. The bill only changes Texan’s right to freely choose to wear helmets.

The helmet has been proved to be 37% effective in preventing death, and prevent 67% brain injuries from motorcycle crashes (statistics from the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety)

Necessary protective gears a rider needs include a DOT-approved motorcycle helmet, back protector, an armored jacket, pants, and gloves.

Besides the law on helmets, there are other regulations that people need to obey to ensure safety while driving, such as stopping at the red light, riding in the right lane, not using drugs when driving, and so on.

Find the best carbon fiber helmet here: https://helmetszone.com/best-carbon-fib ... elmet.html

A helmet will help you get more insurance money from insurance companies when there is an accident. The law is just helping you to get into the habit of wearing a helmet and it's always doing good for you, not taking away anything. It reduces the risk of death, it reduces the amount of money you pay for the hospital, it helps you get a higher premium, and a lot more benefits.

At the time of the bill's publication, a lot of people agreed with the bill, but it still sparked a debate as to whether the action of police stopping the riders to check if they have qualifications constitutes harassment. Do riders necessarily stop to prove their age, course completion, and health insurance. This can take a lot of time!

I always wear a helmet when going out on my bike because I see it as the right thing to protect my life, so I am not concerned if the law changes. I'm just afraid they will make me not wear my helmet! Just kidding!

And for those who do not like to wear helmets, their objection is understandable. Whatever it is, there will be an affirmative and an opposition side, but the government should do what they think is right and that is for the best of their people.

Contact HelmetsZone if you want to learn more about motorcycle helmets. The contact information will be put below:
Phone: (1) 610-386-5943
Address: 10236 Zenith Ln, Bloomington, MN 55431
HelmetsZone on SoundCloud: https://soundcloud.com/helmetszone