My rant for the day...at APS (I am being nice!)

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
Peterthecactusguy

My rant for the day...at APS (I am being nice!)

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

Has anyone else ever had the people that read your meters litter in your yard and then run over your plants while backing up out of your U-shaped driveway?

And then to top it all off they charge you like $1.80 for the metering, and .80 cents there for this and that and so on and so forth?

I don't smoke and the only tracks other them my car's are from them. I can tell when they read my meter every time because the guy pulls up almost onto my patio and then backs up down my driveway where he ran over two of my agave's and one of the Globe Mallows I was trying to keep.

GRRRRR@APS America's worst Energy provider.

See Daiv, I kept it clean :wink:
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
dustin0352

Post by dustin0352 »

Sounds like its time to take a month vacation and camp out next to the meter with a pellet gun lol! But sorry to hear about the damaged plants. I know the electirc company here (FPL) has a new system where they just point a device out the window of their truck to your meter and it reads it. lol they dont even get out of their vehicles anymore, but the water company is more like what your dealing with. they just drive up in the yard to the water meter, like walking 10 feet will kill em.
John C

Post by John C »

Sorry to hear that! Once when someone came to look at something in the backyard, they decided to stand on a plant in the shade garden when there was plenty of space to stand around the small plant. :roll:
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
Peterthecactusguy

Dustin, I am not sure if they actually get out of their vehicles or not. I never see any footprints however they do pull up right next to the meter practically parking on my back porch.

John C. I feel your pain, that is not something at all that is cool.

I just wish they would be more careful and not litter in my yard.
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

Thats awful Peter, i would surely be waitting to give them a peace of my mind.. :evil: Im with Dustin ours dont get outa his truck he just points something and reads this new digital meter we have.
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image
Peterthecactusguy

I want one of those. That way I can have them put it at the end of my driveway. When I paid my electric bill they made the mistake of asking me to do a survey hahaha

That was a mistake!
Saguaro123

Post by Saguaro123 »

Peter, you should call the electric company up and file a complaint. If nothing is mentioned about that guy, then more crap and damaged plants will show up on your property.
Peterthecactusguy

yeah I am thinking about doing it when I calm down a little bit.. hehe
OR else I might snap and start calling them dirty words hahaha