Tricho spachianus as a grafting stock?

All about grafting. How-to information, progress reports, show of your results.
Lachy

Tricho spachianus as a grafting stock?

Post by Lachy »

G'day guys,

I'm looking at doing a bit of grafting as the warmer months approach, and as luck would have it I seem to have rooted cuttings of Trichocereus spachianus in abundance. My question is: has anyone here either tried grafting to this species, or failing that does anyone even know if it's a good stock for the purpose?

I'm looking at grafting a few delicates and slow growers such as Azetekium, Ariocarpus, Uebelmannia, Lophophora, Astrophytum "super kabuto", if that's any help. I also intend to try using Pereskiopsis as a stock as I know it's tried and tested.
stephen.prout@uk

Post by stephen.prout@uk »

ode to the advert "suck it and see"
tell me how it does.
seedlings make the world go round
parodias

Post by parodias »

has been a well settled and established grafting stock for decades if not longer ..
Horum omnium fortissimi sunt Belgae.
Lachy

Post by Lachy »

has been a well settled and established grafting stock for decades if not longer
Awesome. Oddly enough, I don't believe I've ever seen this particular species used as a grafting stock - for some reason, most nurseries here seem only to use hylocereus.
stephen.prout@uk

Post by stephen.prout@uk »

thats so they can whater them all year round so of the cacti i get from the nurseries (genralgarden) are really in pore shape because they dont know how to look after them.
seedlings make the world go round