Wild Animal Park

Share info and Pictures about gardens, parks, nurseries, and other locations with cacti.
Buck Hemenway

Wild Animal Park

Post by Buck Hemenway »

Daiv, John

I've got several groups of photos of our favorite stuff taken around Southern California. I'd be happy to post them here over time, if you-all think they'd be valuable.

This album was taken at the Wild Animal Park near San Diego, CA. It is operated by the San Diego Zoo and the main pretense (besides making money) is to provide a place to breed wild animals for reintroduction to the wild or simply preserve species. They have planted a succulent garden (several acres) recently with help and guidance of many C&SS hobbiests and pros. The San Diegos C&SS was heavily involved.

If you visit SoCal this is a must see.

Try this link. Hope it works.

http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/pricklybu ... .dir=/1173

Buck
Buck Hemenway
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

Excellent pictures Buck.
You can definitely tell some planning went into the wild animal park.
Great pictures, wished I lived closer to the park.

Bill
templegatejohn

Post by templegatejohn »

Hi Buck,

Those are terrific pictures, coming from England I never get to see anything like that, apart from in the larger greenhouses and Kew Gardens. Regarding posting the pictures, I'll leave that one for Daiv to decide, he knows what space we have available, but you can always leave a link anyway. I am the one who tries to tidy up the clutter on the site, i.e. posts and photographs that are no longer relevant or are out of date.

Cheers,
John
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Buck,
Good call on the Wild Animal park.

I have several photos on the site from there for the following species:

Cylindropuntia tesajo
Opuntia tapona
Pachycereus pectin-aboriginum
Parodia crassagibba