Exotic Cactus Collection—eBay vendor

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Jaybizzle

Exotic Cactus Collection—eBay vendor

Post by Jaybizzle »

Has anyone ordered seeds from this vendor (Samuel Rodriguez from Homestead, FL)? I ordered 6 species, and had zero germination. I’ve heard others have had similar experiences. Seems like most of the positive reviews are along the lines of I received the package, whereas the negative reviews focus on low or zero germination.

Thanks.
Aiko

Re: Exotic Cactus Collection—eBay vendor

Post by Aiko »

I don't know how experienced you are at growing, but it could just be you, or something else that was beyond the scope of what the vendor could do. Sometimes things just don't germinate. Could be due to basically anything. Just restart them at a later time and see if that does the trick. And just try it again with some fresh seeds too. Try and try again is the best advice to give.
Jaybizzle

Post by Jaybizzle »

I’m experienced. In fact I had seeds from a different vendor of the same species sown under the same conditions— good vendor seeds germinated—Exotic CC seeds of the same species did not germinate. So I think it was old seed….and not me.
casicagui

Post by casicagui »

I had the same issue with seeds not germinating. Not a big deal, but notified the seller and was blocked immediately. Moved on and have found better seed sellers with good germination rates.
Aiko

Post by Aiko »

What species were you after?

There is the thread of Updated Seed lists (https://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewto ... 26#p405326) on this forum that notifies when a respected seed list has been updated. Maybe a better option than buying seeds from private sellers.
Tom in Tucson

Post by Tom in Tucson »

Aiko wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 3:08 pm What species were you after?

There is the thread of Updated Seed lists (https://www.cactiguide.com/forum/viewto ... 26#p405326) on this forum that notifies when a respected seed list has been updated. Maybe a better option than buying seeds from private sellers.
🤞🌴
Sonoran Jackalope

Post by Sonoran Jackalope »

casicagui wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2024 2:56 pm I had the same issue with seeds not germinating. Not a big deal, but notified the seller and was blocked immediately. Moved on and have found better seed sellers with good germination rates.

I also had the same experience! Zero germination and then they blocked me once I contacted them about it! They should be removed but they would just make another account!

Three Deserts on etsy and Mesa Garden has good seeds!
keith

Post by keith »

Cactus Duty on Etsy sells seeds but the selection is very limited :D All the Ariocarpus sold out quick because they sold way below market but more will show up in summer hopefully ...