Jer's Return 2023

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
jnspire

Jer's Return 2023

Post by jnspire »

Hi friends!
I am a longtime member of this community. I have been on hiatus - living life and doing other things - since 2012.
I have kept cacti off-and-on though and had a cacti themed kitchen/dining room before I moved, which I was very proud of (photo below).

I am getting back into the hobby after moving to Florida (from Minnesota) last September. I am excited to meet new folks, reconnect with old friends, learn from others, and share what I have and know. I am always open to trade or help newbies get started. I don't have much now; I am rebuilding my collection! I'll post more images in this thread!

I also intend to revive or recreate my buy/sell/trade thread.
I'm very excited to be back! Say hello! :D

Kindly,

Jer.

Cacti_Kitchen_2_25.png
Cacti_Kitchen_2_25.png (110.32 KiB) Viewed 3247 times
jnspire

Re: Jer's Return 2023

Post by jnspire »

Note: I just updated my Grow/Trade post:
https://cactiguide.com/forum/viewtopic. ... 24#p400424

Scroll to the bottom to see my newest listings.

Thanks!

Jer.
jerrytheplater

Post by jerrytheplater »

Hi Jer. My daughter lives in Pompano Beach. We just visited her earlier in the month. She is growing orchids outdoors hanging on her trees. I brought cuttings of an Epiphyllum I used to grow when she was a child I obtained from a friend that is still growing it. I set her up with a pot I attached to one of her trees.

Lots of nurseries down below Miami. Head towards the Everglades and you'll come on them. Davie, and other towns I'm forgetting. I enjoyed driving around and stopping in.
Jerry Smith
Bloomingdale, NJ
45 inches (114 cm) rain equivalent per year, approx. evenly spread per month
2012 USDA Hardiness Zone 6b: -5F to OF (-20C to -18C) min.
jnspire

Post by jnspire »

jerrytheplater wrote: Wed Apr 12, 2023 10:16 pm Hi Jer. My daughter lives in Pompano Beach. We just visited her earlier in the month. She is growing orchids outdoors hanging on her trees. I brought cuttings of an Epiphyllum I used to grow when she was a child I obtained from a friend that is still growing it. I set her up with a pot I attached to one of her trees.

Lots of nurseries down below Miami. Head towards the Everglades and you'll come on them. Davie, and other towns I'm forgetting. I enjoyed driving around and stopping in.
Hi Jerrytheplater,

Yes, there are lots of great nurseries in this area!
I visited some this week. I also have orchids I am growing here now.

It is such an amazing place from a biological and botanical perspective.
I really want to get some Epiphyllums. That's awesome that you were able to pass some down to her.
I used to have a Schlumbergera that I grew from cuttings I got from my grandma's plant.

Unfortunately, I lost that plant a long time ago. Let me know if you get any Epiphyllum cuttings again.
I am always excited to make a trade. :)

Kindly,