Rare Dudleya ?

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
keith

Rare Dudleya ?

Post by keith »

https://www.vcstar.com/picture-gallery/ ... 083305001/

I read the poaching article so went out today and found a bunch of Dudleyas , these are really hard to find during Summer and much easier this time of year after seasonal rains. Found the biggest colonies in a place I didn't expect . On the ridge where I have seen them before it was too windy to do a through search but I did find one colony. very windy was Sandblasted by small rocks and the high voltage wires made a very eerie sound . Cold front moving in.

I don't know it might be this species ? " Dudleya verityi is a rare species of succulent plant known by the common name Verity's liveforever. It is endemic to Ventura County, California, " Or maybe lancelota ? I cant tell them apart.
Attachments
Dudleya
Dudleya
snip.JPG (205.99 KiB) Viewed 541 times
Dudleya in the rocks
Dudleya in the rocks
snip2.JPG (232.75 KiB) Viewed 541 times
nes

Re: Rare Dudleya ?

Post by nes »

I think dudleya verityi would have shorter leaves than that. Never seen verityi in person but I've seen lanceolata a lot. Definitely looks like lanceolata.
keith

Post by keith »

"Definitely looks like lanceolata." yea probably right
Aeonium2003

Post by Aeonium2003 »

Very cool find. They (dudleyas in general) seem to grow in the coastal mountains here in the Bay area. I've seen Farinosa mainly.