Some sort of Euphorbia?

If you have a succulent plant and need help identifying it, this is the place to post it.
gdlwyverex

Some sort of Euphorbia?

Post by gdlwyverex »

Greetings
I have ruled out e.milii as the thorns are all wrong and E. Ferox which doesn have throrns that spiral up the shaft like mine do
EuphorbiaSide.jpg
EuphorbiaSide.jpg (68.52 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
EuphorbiaTop.jpg
EuphorbiaTop.jpg (55.35 KiB) Viewed 1822 times
Any ideas as to it's ID?
Thanks

Richard
Aiko

Re: Some sort of Euphorbia?

Post by Aiko »

Pachypodium is my first thought, although it looks a bit more spiney than I would expect. Probably still Pachypodium lamerei?
Hard to say for me, as if it is Pachypodium your climate will have a different effect on it than my climate will. Which probably in that case explains the spikeyness.

But for all I care it could be an Euphorbia nonetheless. Does it bleed white sap, that you know of?
gdlwyverex

Post by gdlwyverex »

Aiko wrote: Thu Nov 05, 2020 10:48 pm Pachypodium is my first thought, although it looks a bit more spiney than I would expect. Probably still Pachypodium lamerei?
Hard to say for me, as if it is Pachypodium your climate will have a different effect on it than my climate will. Which probably in that case explains the spikeyness.

But for all I care it could be an Euphorbia nonetheless. Does it bleed white sap, that you know of?
Not right arrangement of thorns nor right color for P, lamerei,
HOWEVER
a real good fit for P. geayi

Thanks

Richard
majcka

Post by majcka »

At the moment it looks like Pachypodium lamerei. Wait for that leaves to grow and we will know for sure if P. lamerei or P. geayi.

I'm woting for P. lamerei. :cheers:
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook