Overwinter Tent Critique

Discuss repotting, soil, lighting, fertilizing, watering, etc. in this category.
LawyerNinja

Overwinter Tent Critique

Post by LawyerNinja »

I will be moving to a house in the next few months, but at the moment my only option is to give everyone the grow tent treatment. They survived this last year with no problems aside from a slight Mealybug problem; which I dealt with.

Light schedule is currently at 16 on 8 off

My primary questions are the following:
  • The Temp stays around 74 to 79 with around 42% Humidity - Does this warrant a little more of a "normal" watering schedule?
  • Is this light enough? And is it close enough? (4 T5 Lights that emmit 6500k)
Carpkel

Re: Overwinter Tent Critique

Post by Carpkel »

Your lights are a little bit far from your cacti. I would recommend keeping the lights 6 to 12 inches from your plants and one light fixture per shelf. This would increase your light levels. Your length of time on is a good length.
esp_imaging

Post by esp_imaging »

Carpkel wrote: Fri Sep 25, 2020 8:17 pm Your lights are a little bit far from your cacti. I would recommend keeping the lights 6 to 12 inches from your plants and one light fixture per shelf. This would increase your light levels. Your length of time on is a good length.
Agreed. Move the the lights (or plants) closer in a couple of steps, I guess there's a very slight chance of scorch if done suddenly.
Light intensity falls off as the square of the distance (very roughly, anyway) - so twice as far away give 1/4 the light intensity, 10x further away gives 1/100 of the light intensity. Strip lights (as opposed to "point source" lights like a lightbulb) and lots of reflectors will make the light fall off with distance less extreme than this, but it's till very considerable.
A small diverse collection of Cacti & Succulents
Based in the UK
http://www.edwardshaw.co.uk/cacti
LawyerNinja

Post by LawyerNinja »

Thinking about nabbing this guy and moving them slightly closer.

Trying to work with the space I have

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01MZ ... UTF8&psc=1