The Cactaceae of Guatemala

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
Glorioustache

The Cactaceae of Guatemala

Post by Glorioustache »

Hello!

Apparently, there is not very much information about this subject. There are 44 known native species in the country, and still, many more yet to be described. The majority endangered in the wild.

I will do my best to locate and photograph their populations as well as to create proper descriptions of their habitat. Their exact locations will be kept undisclosed.

Ignacio
Last edited by Glorioustache on Sun Jul 07, 2019 2:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
Location: Central highlands of Guatemala, 14°N from the equator. Altitude: 1539M AMSL. Climate: Cwb, Subtropical Highland variety. Humidity: 100%
Steve Johnson

Re: The Cactaceae of Guatemala

Post by Steve Johnson »

Glorioustache wrote: Sat Jul 06, 2019 6:08 pm Hello!

Apparently, there is not very much information about this subject. There are 44 native species in the country, and still, many more yet to be described. The majority endangered in the wild.

I will do my best to locate and photograph their populations as well as to create proper descriptions of their habitat. Their exact locations will be kept undisclosed.

Ignacio
It would be nice to see more field work being shared on the forum, so your thread should be right up our alley. By all means, please keep it going here.
If you just want photos without all the blather, please visit my Flickr gallery.
My location: Los Angeles, CA (Zone 10b)
Glorioustache

Re: The Cactaceae of Guatemala

Post by Glorioustache »

Glad to hear Steve! Thanks
Location: Central highlands of Guatemala, 14°N from the equator. Altitude: 1539M AMSL. Climate: Cwb, Subtropical Highland variety. Humidity: 100%