Seedman.com for cacti seeds?

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
Douglas Firsure

Seedman.com for cacti seeds?

Post by Douglas Firsure »

Anyone try this website? I made an order a couple days ago and haven't heard anything. No number to call and the email process ends in a security thing which always errors. I'm sure it's just it's fine, but I'm used to getting confirmation emails right away etc. Thanks!
Aiko

Re: Seedman.com for cacti seeds?

Post by Aiko »

Cactus seed sellers usually take their time responding and getting the order ready. The Czechs are know to take a few months, even. But things get done eventually. Usually it is wise to order soon when most lists have been updated, late autumn throughout the winter.

I don't know the particular site you mention, but I can image you don't get a reply within a day. That might only happen with private seed sellers just running the business earn a bit of side money with seeds from their own plants in their private collection.
Douglas Firsure

Was able to contact them on a PC instead from my phone . Got a response shortly saying it shipped yesterday! Looks like a good review so far!
greenknight

Post by greenknight »

I'd never heard of them, but I took a look at the site - they claim to usually ship within 2-3 days. Seems they made good on that. Would be nice to get a shipping notification, but fast shipping is nice.
Spence :mrgreen:
bartab

Post by bartab »

Do most seed suppliers in Europe ship to the United States? Any you would recommend? Thanks.
Douglas Firsure

Got them last week, but i think expectations on orders are high because of 2 day shipping etc. The seeds that i sowed germinated quickly and its seems to be going well now! I'll post updates and questions as they are a random mix, so should be a fun guessing game!