What's up with my Graptopetalum Paraguayense?? (Thanks for the help, all good now)

Anything relating to Succulents that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
Holl-3

What's up with my Graptopetalum Paraguayense?? (Thanks for the help, all good now)

Post by Holl-3 »

I posted this on another forum, but no one ever answered my question so I decided to post it here to see if I could get a solid explanation.
I have a Variegated Ghost Plant which I raised from the literal dead 2 years ago. Around 6 months ago it started becoming variegated, and only 2 months ago it started growing babies/pups (??) ALL over one of them. I'm worried because I'm not sure what this means for the plant itself.
This was it a few weeks ago in the 1st and 2nd pictures, and this was it tonight in the 3rd-5th (extreme growth)
Variegated Ghost 1.jpg
Variegated Ghost 1.jpg (63.39 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
Variegated Ghost 2.jpg
Variegated Ghost 2.jpg (63.5 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
These are the most recent pictures
Variegated Ghost 3.jpg
Variegated Ghost 3.jpg (55.76 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
Variegated Ghost 4.jpg
Variegated Ghost 4.jpg (75.73 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
Variegated Ghost 5.jpg
Variegated Ghost 5.jpg (72.75 KiB) Viewed 2419 times
So would anyone know what exactly is happening with this thing? Please help I'm getting worried because they're getting bigger by the week.
Last edited by Holl-3 on Sat Oct 13, 2018 6:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Plant mom for the win
cosmotoad

Re: What's up with my Graptopetalum Paraguayense??

Post by cosmotoad »

Looks like maybe the main growth point died and the energy went to the offshoots, nothing to worry about as far as I know.
Holl-3

Post by Holl-3 »

cosmotoad wrote: Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:18 am Looks like maybe the main growth point died and the energy went to the offshoots, nothing to worry about as far as I know.
Thanks for the response! Btw, should I pull any of these off? I wouldn't mind putting the bigger ones in their own little pots, if possible.
Plant mom for the win
cosmotoad

Post by cosmotoad »

Sure you can, I think they root relatively easily. Just pop off the ones you want and set them on some dry soil, maybe mist them after a while. That's one of the good things about the apex dying off, you can get lots of cuttings. Some people even do it on purpose, I think.