I'm new here!

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
corywand

I'm new here!

Post by corywand »

As is fairly obvious from the title, I'm a newcomer to this forum. I accidentally began growing succulents and cacti about a year and a half ago, when family members bought, and promptly abdicated responsibility for, several of them.

I've always been terrible at taking care of plants (two previously flourishing ones have managed to spectacularly die within a week of entering my care), but I'm trying to do better with these cacti here. Thanks in advance for any patience with my newbie mistakes.
gemhunter178

Re: I'm new here!

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome! Well, everyone starts somewhere, hopefully we'll help those plants flourish!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
hegar

Post by hegar »

Hello corywand,
first of all, I too welcome you to the CactiGuide cactus and succulent forum. I have been a forum member since 2006, if memory servers me right.
Despite not being a "newbie" any longer, I still manage to kill a share of my plants. Only the fittest survive. :)
Well, we are all learning on this forum, except for perhaps a few of the most competent members. So do not feel shy about asking for advice whenever you experience problems with your plants. I am still doing it after all.

Harald
Merkar

Post by Merkar »

Welcome!