Hello.

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Jim1959

Hello.

Post by Jim1959 »

I have raised house plants and cacti for almost 40 years. Over the past year we moved to a smaller house. Kids all raised and gone so no longer needed the space. The hardest part was reduced space for plants. As a result i have went from 300+ to around 25 plants. I did manage to make some freinds very happy when i loaded them up with free plants. The hard part now is not buying more lol. As many of you know its an addiction. Look forward to my time on here with people that share my passion for plants.
ElieEstephane

Re: Hello.

Post by ElieEstephane »

Welcome to the forum! We'd all love to see some photos of your plants
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
hegar

Post by hegar »

Welcome to the CactiGuide cactus and succulent forum. It must have been a very difficult decision to cut down the number of your plants from over 300 to just about two dozen. I am certain, you kept the best and most valuable plants, but I do not know, if I could do this, although I only do have slightly over 100 cacti. However, with the help of my wife - who does not like cacti at all - I would be able to whittle them down to even less than 25 plants. :lol:

Harald
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome! Yikes, it would be hard to cut my collection down to 25.
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
Jim1959

Post by Jim1959 »

It was very hard to give them up. I had a euphorbia grandicornis that was just short of six feet. But i have a start i cut off and later rooted thats doing well. Picking a few favorites is very hard also lol. I'm a plant hoarder my wife says. If up to me alone my house would be wall to wall plants.