I don't think it was a tornado

This is a place for members to post on-going topics about their plants and experiences.
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

Re: I don't think it was a tornado

Post by WayneByerly »

WayneByerly wrote: The worst part of the damage I think, was to cacti that is similar to the following picture that occurred from hard things falling on softer cacti.
Although this damage was not severe, there were a a full 10 areole missing from this Melocactus when all was said and done. And although the cactus will not die from this damage, the scars will never go away! This is another picture of the typical damage that occurred during the storm
P_20180801_213336-1280x960.jpg
P_20180801_213336-1280x960.jpg (87.89 KiB) Viewed 2854 times
Make the moral choice & always do what's right. Be a good example. Be part of the solution & make a contribution to society, or be part of the problem & end your life with nothing but regrets. Live a life you can be proud of! Zone 7a
Licespray

Post by Licespray »

Hey Wayne,

Just wanted to say you have a beautiful and big yard :)
Ferocactus best cactus :mrgreen:
WayneByerly
Location: In the north end of the Sequachee Valley, 65 miles north of Chattanooga Tennessee USA. Zone 7a

Post by WayneByerly »

It's 5 acres, split almost equally between 1) woods and 2) grass with sparse trees. Plenty of room for my 4x8 (VERY primitive, VERY cheap) greenhouse. It's extremely rural. I can only see my nearest neighbors house in the winter when the trees have no leaves and it's something like 13 miles to the nearest village/town. The closest CITY, Chattanooga, is 65 miles away. The only complaint that I have is that it IS so far from anything. Very peaceful here.

Thank you for your kind remarks.
Make the moral choice & always do what's right. Be a good example. Be part of the solution & make a contribution to society, or be part of the problem & end your life with nothing but regrets. Live a life you can be proud of! Zone 7a