Mabuhay (Welcome) from the Philippines!

New to the forum? Use this section to introduce yourself!
Yamyoo

Mabuhay (Welcome) from the Philippines!

Post by Yamyoo »

Again, I'm Arthur. Another Asian-Spanish guy member hahaha :lol:

I've been here for a week and I love it here. I would like to thank the Cactiguide.com/forum admins and members.
During the week of being here I got a ton of tips and advices from Aiko, Dave and others.

I already made a simple introduction about myself in this topic: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=41001

Here's the photo of the seeds I've sown currently in the backyard. Its a mix I bought from Aliexpress and another E.Grusonni seeds from a local seller.
IMG_20180607_30320.jpg
IMG_20180607_30320.jpg (50.53 KiB) Viewed 2566 times
That's all, have a great day everyone!
Daghang salamat! (Many thanks),
Arthur Yap
-SE Asia
-Tropical Country of the SE Philippines.
-Sun and Rain
Arthur
-SE Asia, Philippines - Tropical
ElieEstephane

Re: Mabuhay (Welcome) from the Philippines!

Post by ElieEstephane »

Welcome to the forum!
You should try to grow some adeniums. I heard they grow like weeds in your country and there are tons of hybrids
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
Yamyoo

Post by Yamyoo »

Thanks for the swift and warm welcome, Elie. Adeniums reminds me of my childhood days. Mom used to have a straight isle of Adenium in pots. They are like eveywhere! Our city used to have those in the middle of the street an elevated landscape for miles and milessss ayway. Like this

And our city specializes with our native orchid locally known as Waling-waling like this: Image
Last edited by Yamyoo on Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Arthur
DodoBrooke

Post by DodoBrooke »

Hello Arthur...
Wishing you very best with Ali seeds! I hv read you have been worried about it but who knows maybe everything turns out to be fine.
Cant wait to see little Grusoniis as well. Keep us posted!
Yamyoo

Post by Yamyoo »

DodoBrooke wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 5:36 pm Hello Arthur...
Wishing you very best with Ali seeds! I hv read you have been worried about it but who knows maybe everything turns out to be fine.
Cant wait to see little Grusoniis as well. Keep us posted!
Hi, Dodobrooke. Thank you for the positivity, I needed that and it makes me excited to see the results. If all these seeds gonna sprout, I will have more baby cactus to count than my foreign currency collection. :lol:

Send my regards to you and to your beautiful country.
Arthur
gemhunter178

Post by gemhunter178 »

Welcome! Good luck on those seeds!
A cactus and succulent collector who especially likes Ariocarpus. …Though I have a bit of everything! Want some pictures? See my flickr! I also do art and such.
Yamyoo

Post by Yamyoo »

gemhunter178 wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 11:18 pm Welcome! Good luck on those seeds!
Thank you, Gemhunter. Have a great day.
Arthur
DodoBrooke

Post by DodoBrooke »

Yamyoo wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:42 pm If all these seeds gonna sprout, I will have more baby cactus to count than my foreign currency collection. :lol:

If you need some Kuna (currency in Croatia) for your collection do let me know and I’ll send some :D
Yamyoo

Post by Yamyoo »

DodoBrooke wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 5:58 am
Yamyoo wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 7:42 pm If all these seeds gonna sprout, I will have more baby cactus to count than my foreign currency collection. :lol:

If you need some Kuna (currency in Croatia) for your collection do let me know and I’ll send some :D
I don't know what to say. I would really love to add Kuna to my collection next to the EGP (Egyptian Pound) I received from a friend.

Im overwhelmed Dodobrooke you don't have to but if you insist, just one piece the smallest amount in paper bill will do, keep it minimal - it doesn't have to be high value and it can be current or outdated.

I appreciate and thank you for your generosity, Dodobrooke.
Arthur
DodoBrooke

Post by DodoBrooke »

No problem Arthur, I can send it...if you also need coins I can include. I ll send private message to you so you can give me an address. It will be fun :wave:
DesertSun

Post by DesertSun »

Welcome to the forum Arthur! I see you are already lovin' it and it's definitely worth it! Lots of interesting things to learn and share also! :)
"The best fertilizer is the gardener's own shadow"
Chinese proverb
ElieEstephane

Post by ElieEstephane »

Yamyoo wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:49 pm Mom used to have a straight isle of Adenium in pots. They are like eveywhere! Our city used to have those in the middle of the street an elevated landscape for miles and milessss ayway.
Would you happen happen to know any good local source of seeds. I'd like to expand my adenium collection. I only have 3 normal colored ones
There are more cacti in heaven and earth, Horatio, than are dreamt of in your philosophy.
One of the few cactus lovers in Lebanon (zone 11a) :mrgreen:
Yamyoo

Post by Yamyoo »

DodoBrooke wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 11:16 am No problem Arthur, I can send it...if you also need coins I can include. I ll send private message to you so you can give me an address. It will be fun :wave:
You're amazing! And kind to offer. I appreciate it, Dodobrooke.
Arthur
Yamyoo

Post by Yamyoo »

DesertSun wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:09 pm Welcome to the forum Arthur! I see you are already lovin' it and it's definitely worth it! Lots of interesting things to learn and share also! :)
Oh boy I do lovin it to be here. Very informative you can learn a lot of things from a everyone based on their extreme experiences. I thought cactus are just plain as I used to know them and things like just this and that but NO. Its like reading an endless book and people's journal here. Very informative. If I continue being here, after 10 years I might be a walking cactus almanac or encyclopedia or maybe more.
Arthur
Yamyoo

Post by Yamyoo »

ElieEstephane wrote: Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:06 pm
Yamyoo wrote: Thu Jun 07, 2018 12:49 pm Mom used to have a straight isle of Adenium in pots. They are like eveywhere! Our city used to have those in the middle of the street an elevated landscape for miles and milessss ayway.
Would you happen happen to know any good local source of seeds. I'd like to expand my adenium collection. I only have 3 normal colored ones
I know a lot because shops are like everywhere. I didnt know they can be grown from seeds but wow they really do.
If I have time during off work, I will let you know immediately. I'd be happy to mail you local and Adenium hybrids if seeds are available.
Arthur