Frailea

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
Robb

Frailea

Post by Robb »

After some pretty patchy germination of the Frailea seeds I ordered, I am looking an spare seeds you may have for this genus- Particularly F. Pumila aquatica which is a species I have wanted to grow for a long time but was a total no-show. I don't have much in terms of swapping, but in a week or so I will have some Setiechinopsis mirabilis seed to offer. So, if you have any spare seeds PM me and I am sure we can sort something out.
Cheers!
Buying a cactus a day will keep the madness away.
KittieKAT

Re: Frailea

Post by KittieKAT »

I was lucky to get 1 Pilosocereus blue cacti to sprout outta about 15seeds, i guess some species are way harder then others, not that promising sounding for when i get my frailea seeds :( i hope they sprout i only got 10 !!
Brunãozinho

Post by Brunãozinho »

I like Fraileas too. My F.friedrichii gives seeds every now and then, I don't have any right now. And my F. angelessi ist developing something that is either a fruit or a pup, I will let you know if I get seeds.
Bruno
Robb

Post by Robb »

Brunãozinho wrote:I like Fraileas too. My F.friedrichii gives seeds every now and then, I don't have any right now. And my F. angelessi ist developing something that is either a fruit or a pup, I will let you know if I get seeds.
Thanks so much Brunãozinho! I have news: The F. pumila v aquatica has germinated at last!
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Congrats hun that's great! ! Hope more will soon follow suit!
Minime8484

Post by Minime8484 »

I have the following I can send you:
Frailea cardenasii
Frailea grahliana
Frailea phaeodisca

I've only so far tried the F. phaeodisca, and they came up in droves (fresh this year from my own plant). Can't guarantee the others (though both from my own plants this year).

PM me if interested with address!
KittieKAT

Post by KittieKAT »

Oooh frailea phaeodisca, cardenasii and grahliana seeds!! :)
DaveW

Post by DaveW »

Aymeric de Barmon (ADBLPS) has a large range of Frailea seeds:-

http://www.adblps-graines-cactus.com/commander_EN.html" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;
Robb

Post by Robb »

Thanks for that, Dave. It is a very comprehensive list. I will definitely consider ordering from them in the future!
Brunãozinho

Post by Brunãozinho »

Hi again Robb,
my Frailea angelesii fruits are ripe, I have fresh seeds, I can send them to anyone who is interested.
Bruno