So far so good!

Do-it-yourself projects such as greenhouse or shadehouse builds and related topics.
sundanz

So far so good!

Post by sundanz »

In October I bought a cheap greenhouse made out of plastic for a few hundred dollars from Home Depot because I'm in Texas and it never gets real cold here. I just wanted something to ward off the chill on my plants. Well, the last few nights got down into the 20's and we even had a bit of snow over christmas. Last month we also had storms with strong winds, hail, tons of rain etc, and through all this my little cheap greenhouse stood up to the challenge!!!! Yay!! Nothing leaked and nothing was torn down from the winds. I have a small heater in my greenhouse which keeps everything nice and warm despite temps in the 20's. I'm really happy so far and the few hundred bucks were well spent! Of course my dream is a victorian style huge conservatory greenhouse which can house a 1000 plants. But...that is a dream unless I win the lottery! :D

Karin
Life's a Cactus in the Great State of Texas!!!
DaveW

Re: So far so good!

Post by DaveW »

I can get a 1000 plants in mine, it depends how big your plants are! You need a big greenhouse for 1000 Saguaro's, but not for a 1000 Frailea's. :lol:
majcka

Re: So far so good!

Post by majcka »

To win a lottery you need a ticket. If you don't buy a ticket...no greenhouse for 1000 saguaros or 1000 fraileas. [-X
Maja

Strange is fun, cacti are funnier!
Google+
Flickr pics
Facebook