Grafted L.williamsii for sale

Post requests and offers of plants you would like to trade. -Read Rules First!
Awdre

Grafted L.williamsii for sale

Post by Awdre »

To Sweden and Europe only.

I got some grafted L. Williamsii that I need to sell because lack of space , send me an message if you're interested :-)

Kind regards / André
Attachments
20121108_105749.jpg
20121108_105749.jpg (69.5 KiB) Viewed 3139 times
Peterthecactusguy

Re: Grafted L.williamsii for sale

Post by Peterthecactusguy »

yes, be very careful where you ship those too. Laws are strict in some places. :)
Here's to you, all you insidious creatures of green..er I mean cacti.
Awdre

Post by Awdre »

Peterthecactusguy wrote:yes, be very careful where you ship those too. Laws are strict in some places. :)
Yes i do know that :) but thanks anyway!
Peterthecactusguy

just wanted to make sure. Because some people don't know.. :)
Awdre

Post by Awdre »

Peterthecactusguy wrote:just wanted to make sure. Because some people don't know.. :)
Yes that is true: )
Robb

Post by Robb »

Are they illegal in new zealand?
Buying a cactus a day will keep the madness away.
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

Looks kind of iffy. This is what I found in a quick Google search:

"In New Zealand it is illegal to cultivate or prepare any plant of the cacti species Lophophora williamsii or Lophophora lewinii for the purpose of the production of mescaline. There are also a large number of other specified cacti species that are prohibited or restricted for use as food."

I'd do more research on your own, but I interpret to mean you can grow it for ornamental purposes if you don't plan on using it for drugs. HOWEVER... I suspect it may be hard to get customs officials to let it through if you try to get it from overseas (like from Awdre). Keep in mind that any plant you import is going to need proper import documents, and nearly all cacti (including L. williamsii) are CITES listed which means they need even more documentation to get into the country. I'm not trying to cost Awdre a sale, but if I were you I'd look for someone selling within your country.
I'm now selling plants on Ebay. Check it out! Kyle's Plants
Peterthecactusguy

the laws in some places are so vague that it makes one wonder. I have a feeling tho that in some of those places it would be applied like this. A cacti collector has a L. williamsii in his collection. The police notice it. They ignore it since they have many other cacti and appear to be a collector. Other situation is like this. A L. williamsii cactus is mailed to someone. The inspector at the customs is bored and decides to investigate. Plant confiscated and later destroyed.

If I had a L. williamsii, I would be growing it for ornamental reasons, but because of absurd laws here in the US hypothetically if I was growing one, I could be arrested. I could also have San Pedro cactus. These you can make mescaline from as well. These are 100% legal.. and they grow faster, so if I was into making drugs I could make more money quicker with a San Pedro cactus. That being said I do not condone destroying cacti to make drugs from them.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Why are the best plants always given away due to lack of space? it really annoys me as I can only trade. :cry:
-Daniel

Aquatic technician at Maidenhead Aquatics, Windsor.
I like the South Americans. Cacti that is...
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

Daniel wrote:Why are the best plants always given away due to lack of space? it really annoys me as I can only trade. :cry:
Before you get one be sure to check with your parents. L. williamsii is legal to own in the UK from what I can tell, but you don't want your parents shutting down your whole cactus collection because you are growing a plant commonly used by drug users! For comparison, in the US the law sees it the same as growing pot or magic mushrooms in your house. Some parents will be fine with it if they trust you are just growing it as a plant, while others might freak out.
Peterthecactusguy

when my parents visited I made sure to hide certain cacti, and gloss over their names.. I am 34 but my parents are kinda controlling.
Daniel

Post by Daniel »

Do they need to know that it can be used as a drug? :lol:
-Daniel

Aquatic technician at Maidenhead Aquatics, Windsor.
I like the South Americans. Cacti that is...
hoteidoc

Post by hoteidoc »

PTG - Do they actually know one cactus from another? Years ago (70's) father-in-law (born & raised in Brooklyn, spent most of adult life around metro NYC) was visiting our little acreage in upstate NY, that included large garden, goats, many large weeds & a dozen mj plants. It was end of Aug. with a good month of growing left. They were 5 - 6' @ the time & she wanted me to pull them all :roll: I told her he didn't know the different between a 6' lambsquarters & hemp. Besides they're such beautiful plants irregardless of other uses! I was right. He admired EVERYTHING! He did know his common veggies, but not okra, collards, (my Georgia vet school influence) cooking & medicinal herbs. Never batted an eye with the mj -- cuz I was closely watching his face during the "garden" inspection :wink: Sorry about the thread digression. At least in this Forum, people not too critical of "wandering" :D
Once bitten by the cactus collecting/growing bug, there is no known cure!
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
Peterthecactusguy

well, the funny part is that I used to live in Ohio. MJ grows in Ohio natively, or at least it was there in the woods in an area that was owned by my Aunt and Uncle. I sorta doubt that they grew it... and I sorta doubt their kids did, but who knows.. I saw a plant that was around 10 feet tall. ;)

As for any plant that drugs come from, I really don't care that much about them. I think that some drugs that come from plants are more natural than some chemicals they made in a lab. But I digress, I think this discussion isn't helping someone to trade or sell some of their plants which are beautiful. :)
Saxicola

Post by Saxicola »

Daniel, they may have heard of Peyote or Mescaline. Make sure if you get L. williamsii that you don't make any association between those words and that plant! :)

Peter, Hemp used to be a major crop grown throughout the Midwest for the fibers. What you saw were probably volunteers escaped from a farm somewhere. They have extremely low THC levels apparently but has been made illegal in recent decades anyway. Just yesterday the BBC had a story about it. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/magazine-20463504" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;