Firefox?

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
cactihunter

Firefox?

Post by cactihunter »

Hiya, does anyone know why I can't log into the forum using Firefox? I changed from Internet Explorer today as it was running so slowly, but I can't log in.

I have logged out of IE and it hasn't helped. I have logged back in to IE to post this so I know my username and password are ok...any help would be appreciated or I am going to have to dedicate a seperate browser just for CactiGuide :lol:

Thanks Nikki
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
hob

Post by hob »

i use firefox all the time without problems :dontknow: i just logged out and in again ok?
incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Hi Nikki,
I've had on-going login trouble with Internet Explorer, but this is the first that I've seen it with Firefox.

What happens when you try to log in? Do you get any sort of message?

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
cactihunter

Post by cactihunter »

It just refreshes the page or takes me back to the Index. If it refreshes, it shows my username and password in place but is still showing as logged out. If it takes me to the index, it still says log in at the top. It could just be me...
There's no 12 step programme for Cactaholics...so I shall just have to get some more!!
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Well, this does have something to do with your settings. Did you install Firefox with the default settings or did you customize?

Also, this seems obvious, but did you restart your computer after installing?

Daiv
cactihunter

Post by cactihunter »

I restarted it after installing and didn't customise (who am I to interfere lol) I know on another forum that I use, that some people had problems posting that were fixed using compatability view...maybe I need to have a nose around the browser...but for now I shall keep using IE for here. I just can't keep away lol.

Thanks for the responses guys. :)

Nikki
iann

Post by iann »

Cookies are the usual culprit.
--ian
cactihunter

Post by cactihunter »

Biscuits Ian, Biscuits :wink:
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Yes Ian, that was one of my thoughts, but the default Firefox install should work. :-k
cactihunter

Post by cactihunter »

Cookies indeed Ian, all fixed now! It had to do with Mozilla allowing me to transfer all of my data (bookmarks etc) from IE to Firefox. It brought over all of the cookies and obviously they weren't compatible! Cleared them and Voila!

Thanks all :)
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

I always love a happy ending! :D