Hantington echinopsis plants

Anything relating to Cacti or CactiGuide.com that doesn't fit in another category should be posted under General.
vlani

Hantington echinopsis plants

Post by vlani »

Has anyone tried to get plants from them? They have an online hybrid "catalog", but not sure do they actually sell anything? So far they ignore my e-mail questions.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

I have purchased from them and got fairly fast service in the past. However, that was probably 5 years ago. Perhaps they've lost interest or maybe I just got them at the right time?

Anyway, if you still have no luck on this, you might want to see if Matt has or has access to the ones you want:

http://www.mattslandscape.com/

He is tenacious at tracking things down - even internationally and has been building the Echinopsis hybrids collection a lot lately.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Bill in SC

Post by Bill in SC »

daiv wrote:I have purchased from them and got fairly fast service in the past. However, that was probably 5 years ago. Perhaps they've lost interest or maybe I just got them at the right time?

Anyway, if you still have no luck on this, you might want to see if Matt has or has access to the ones you want:

http://www.mattslandscape.com/

He is tenacious at tracking things down - even internationally and has been building the Echinopsis hybrids collection a lot lately.
I checked the link. WOW is all I can say as they are quite pricey for small pups.

Bill in SC
Keepin' the blues alive!
http://tela.sugarmegs.org/_asxtela/
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Bill,
Yes, I think that is because he is still trying to build up inventory, but at least it is a start - he trades too.

Daiv
vlani

Post by vlani »

He has some plants I'd be interested in, but not too many, and not at his prices..
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Not sure about the prices. I've traded cuttings with Matt and that's where I got a lot of my epi species. If you see something your really like of his, e-mail him about a trade.
Harriet

Post by Harriet »

Don't know whether Matt still does this, but in the past I have always gotten one or two surprise plants in with my orders. That has always made the prices much more manageable... and orders much more fun.
It’s not the fall that kills you; it’s the sudden stop at the end.
Douglas Adams (1952 - 2001)