Cactus and succulent society NJ

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
DannabisAx

Cactus and succulent society NJ

Post by DannabisAx »

Well I emailed the listed representative at the U.S. national cactus and succulent society website listed for New Jersey but the email was returned undeliverable.

I wonder if the local chapter has disbanded or if the contact info is just bad or has since changed..
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

My bet would be that the contact info is bad. Are you talking on the CSSA website? It took me 3 years to get the info changed for the OCCSS site.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
Buck Hemenway

Post by Buck Hemenway »

daiv wrote:My bet would be that the contact info is bad. Are you talking on the CSSA website? It took me 3 years to get the info changed for the OCCSS site.
Not any more. Guess who is in charge of updating the clubs' information. We get them updated within days of receiving their renewal information every year.

That said, we don't (yet that is) require them to update us. So if they don't, then we have no way of knowing whether the info is correct or not.

The New Jersey info is at least 4 years old (I've never touched it).

I'd suggest contacting Matt Opel in Connecticut. He's very active and is the current president of the CT club.

http://affiliates.cssainc.org/connectic ... ciety.html
Buck Hemenway
DannabisAx

Post by DannabisAx »

Bad news for NJ cactus & succulent people:

the NJ chapter of CSSA is inactive/disbanded.

I've been recommended to check out the Philly area CSSA or if I was more north Jersey, to hit up the Connecticut CSSA.

I think I'll check out the Philly CSSA next year since I suspect that there are few or no further activities or meeting this year.

Thanks for the help.
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

Buck Hemenway wrote: Not any more. Guess who is in charge of updating the clubs' information. We get them updated within days of receiving their renewal information every year.
Buck,
My sincere apologies on that post. I should have been more considerate of the situation - especially since I know you have been working on a lot of improvements there!

:oops:

Daiv
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti