Eager to sow and grow.

CactiGuide Members' Seed Trading List
DannabisAx

Eager to sow and grow.

Post by DannabisAx »

Hello!

I was wondering if anyone has suggestions on acquiring a variety of cactus seeds, specially for someone who does not yet have seeds to trade?

I've noticed not a lot of stores carry anything specific if even carrying cacti or seed packs.

A lot of online seed stores seem to charge like ten buck for ten seeds of any specific species.

I'm interested in trying a variety of species and genera (genus's?) and also in raising a diverse cactus collection.

I am currently located in the United States in the east coast region.

Thanks
jennifer215

Post by jennifer215 »

I'd recommend looking at Mesa Garden's site mesagarden.com or succseed.com. As another relative newcomer to growing cacti, they've been great places to get seed after the girl at a local garden center told me it was impossible to grow cacti from seed, so of course they didn't carry any.

Jen
hob

Post by hob »

seeds in the USA about a dollar a pack.

http://www.mesagarden.com/index.html
incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.
peterb

Post by peterb »

I highly recommend Mesa Garden. The website is in the Stone Age, but it is an easy matter these days to compare some names with info and images available on the web, especially at reliable sources like CactiGuide. You can have hundreds of plants for less than $50, growing from Mesa Garden, and the great thing is they are unusually reliable with names and collection info.

peterb
Zone 9