Sorry!

A place to post thoughts, errors, praise, or other comments about CactiGuide.com
John C

Sorry!

Post by John C »

I was trying to change some of my profile settings before. I changed my avatar and it was huge! LOL! :shock: :lol:

Zoomed out to %50 of the page it was this big!

%100

Don't worry, I sized it down to fit. :wink:
Sorry for any confusion I may have caused or caused anyone to go crazy with the text being so squished. :oops:
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
hob

Post by hob »

John somewhere in the dim distant past we looked into avatar sizes.......... and settled on 120 pixels wide ............or was it 110 :? anyway about that size

found it now :)
Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 110 pixels, the height no greater than 110 pixels, and the file size no more than 73 KB.
incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.
John C

Post by John C »

hob wrote:John somewhere in the dim distant past we looked into avatar sizes.......... and settled on 120 pixels wide ............or was it 110 :? anyway about that size

found it now :)
Displays a small graphic image below your details in posts. Only one image can be displayed at a time, its width can be no greater than 110 pixels, the height no greater than 110 pixels, and the file size no more than 73 KB.
Thanks! Ya, I knew about the 110 pixels requirement, but I forgot to adjust the image before uploading it. :oops: It is below that now.
John In Fort Worth, Texas
"Where the West begins"
*Barracuda_52*

Post by *Barracuda_52* »

:roll: Would be nice though if we could load alittle bigger avatar, i think on our club website we went with 125 pixels. Sometimes ya have the perffect pic for a avatar and ya wana use it but boy by the time ya shrink it down to 110 it dont look all that great anymore. :(
A rescue dog is never to old to learn to be a real dog. Image
daiv
Site Admin

Post by daiv »

There's a bit of a "fudge factor" on avatars. As John proved, you can go bigger.

The size restriction was once more of a bandwidth thing, but that isn't such an issue anymore. Now the main thing is that if avatars get too big and/or flashy, they can become a distraction. Not sure if anyone would notice the 15 pixel difference.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti