Which stage are you at?

Post your non-cacti or non-succulent related posts here -some topics not allowed -see forum rules.
mughal113

Post by mughal113 »

Well, i think im somewhere around "4.5". I drive at least 200 KMs every weekend, just to find a new cactus nursery. I check some of the nurseries on weekly basis even if they have told me it will take at least a month and a half before anything new will arrive. I have even thought about taking a day off from the office just not to miss a bloom.
-Mughal
lordarutha

Post by lordarutha »

Lewis_cacti wrote:What stage am i at?
Lewis you are further along than me but not quite stage 6 and definately needing medical advice. :lol:

I would say 5.5 :D
mughal113 wrote:Well, i think im somewhere around "4.5". I drive at least 200 KMs every weekend, just to find a new cactus nursery. I check some of the nurseries on weekly basis even if they have told me it will take at least a month and a half before anything new will arrive. I have even thought about taking a day off from the office just not to miss a bloom
I would say 4.75, would have been a 5 but you only thought about taking the day off. :lol:
ihc6480 wrote:I'm still trying to complete stage 3
You must be joking Bill! i've seen your pictures :D
Paul.
daiv
Site Admin

Re: Which stage are you at?

Post by daiv »

Fun read!
lordarutha wrote: The Daiv Stage Loving cacti enough to set up a great forum dedicated to them, reading every post and making sure everything stays good. Lets face it, without someone reaching this stage you wouldn't be reading this post!
Thanks. I still think you guys give me too much credit. :oops: The success of the forum is mostly due to the great members, however active and however advanced they may be. I have learned so much here and got so much enjoyment getting to know everyone, I almost feel like I'm getting away with murder or something.
All Cacti are succulents, but not all succulents are Cacti
lordarutha

Post by lordarutha »

Daiv, you are so modest and credit where credit is due, without you there would be no "great members".
Paul.
hob

Post by hob »

i guess i'm around the 6 1\2 mark :shock: :shock: my 5 room house has cacti in 4 of the 5 rooms (not enough light in room 5) the cacti have a conservatory AND a greenhouse to live in as well as the garden in summer.
i got rid of the missus to devote more time to the plants :P not only am i constantly on the forum when at home i'm writing articles for it now. :lol:
4 digital camera's to photograph the plants :shock:
member of the British cactus and succulent society.
member of 3 different cactus forums :oops:
the last 2 years i took 5 trays of seedlings on holiday with me so they would be watered regularly :oops: (got some funny looks from the French customs men) :roll:
i have been known to take plants to work with me so i don't miss seeing them flower :lol:
i drove 100 miles each way once just to go to a cactus sale :shock: 8)
incurable cactoholic
growing rebutia's with a mix of others.
lordarutha

Post by lordarutha »

Hob, is that dedication or insanity? :D
I think you could be on the brink of a stage 7 but I ain't been at it long enough to say.
Paul.
lordarutha

Post by lordarutha »

MichaelCactus wrote:I think im at stage 4! I considered a greenhouse, but there is no room for one, so substituted it for a garden bed.
Sorry I forgot to comment earlier Michael.
Stage four :D , as Peter pointed out the greenhouse does not apply to everyone. You are fortunate that you can grow yours outside. But at the rate of your plant buying and forum posts def' a stage 4 :D
Paul.
Lewis_cacti

Post by Lewis_cacti »

lordarutha wrote:
Lewis_cacti wrote:What stage am i at?
Lewis you are further along than me but not quite stage 6 and definately needing medical advice. :lol:

I would say 5.5 :D
Ahahahaa thanks mate. :lol: :D
MichaelCactus

Post by MichaelCactus »

Hob, im suprised the customs didnt take them off you and say you were smuggling drugs or something :lol:

Haha, ive been onto my dad about a greenhouse lately, im just trying to figure out where one can go!
Completely Confused, yet Completely Addicted.
lordarutha

Post by lordarutha »

We are quite fortunate Michael being part of the european community, we can move plants about, I bought some back from Amsterdam in Holland and a couple of Opuntia pads back from Majorca. :D
Paul.
ihc6480

Post by ihc6480 »

lordarutha said:
You must be joking Bill! i've seen your pictures

:-$ Don't tell everyone :lol:

Yeah, I'm up there but I'm still behind some people :wink:
Bill

If it sticks ya or pokes ya, I like it
Lewis_cacti

Post by Lewis_cacti »

lordarutha wrote:We are quite fortunate Michael being part of the european community, we can move plants about, I bought some back from Amsterdam in Holland and a couple of Opuntia pads back from Majorca. :D
Man your lucky... here we have perhaps the strictest customs and quarantine regulations in the world. if i tried that i'd probably get arrested... any plant material is usually confiscated/destroyed immediately. or else if you want to keep it it has to go through quarantine... 3 months of being cared for by people who have absoultely no knowledge/regard for plant cultivation whatsoever... and you are paying for it...if your plant gets any problems (disease etc) it is destroyed (likely as a result of the neglect)... so not really worth it.
cactusbutt

Post by cactusbutt »

I'm still in denial,I haven't yet admitted I have
a problem :wink:
lordarutha

Post by lordarutha »

Lewis_cacti wrote:Man your lucky... here we have perhaps the strictest customs and quarantine regulations in the world. if i tried that i'd probably get arrested... any plant material is usually confiscated/destroyed immediately. or else if you want to keep it it has to go through quarantine... 3 months of being cared for by people who have absoultely no knowledge/regard for plant cultivation whatsoever... and you are paying for it...if your plant gets any problems (disease etc) it is destroyed (likely as a result of the neglect)... so not really worth it.
Is that the same with seeds too or are they strict there as well?
Paul.
lordarutha

Post by lordarutha »

cactusbutt wrote:I'm still in denial,I haven't yet admitted I have
a problem :wink:
839 posts and counting on a cacti forum? If that don't give it away...... :D
Paul.